anyone in the miami area could help me ?
Mar 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
Hi, I received my tube amp la figaro 339 damaged the right channel goes out after 5-15 mins of use basically it starts to distort and their is a volume inbalance.  anyone in the miami,fl area could help me fix the issue please pm me :) I'd appreciate it !!

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Not in your area.But sounds like it was overloaded and a component -probably a resistor in the PS or voltage feed   overheated and melted the solder in the PCB and is now making intermittent contact .
                          Worth a check.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 4
duncan I fixed the issue by tightening the volume knob of the right channel.... I have to place the knob in a certain way.... and make sure its secure as I tighten the screw that holds it in place..... I'm not an expert but I don't see how that doesn't sound weird to anyone who might be lol at least I see it in that light... 

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 4
That still goes back to a bad soldered connection or if you have applied to much weight on the control  it has loosened the soldered connection to the PCB.Then check  on the soldered side of the control.
                 Or the actual  brushes      making intermittent contact with the resistance surface in the control
                   If its the second then its a new control I used to open them up and repair them but its not worth it at the price for one..
                     Its one thing having a piece of electronic equipment in front of you with a bench full of test equipment
                       and another working long distance-sight unseen.
                         You have got to rely on what you are told and judge the various things to check to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back