Anyone in NEW YORK near Brooklyn, willing to HELP me out ?! SCAM...
Sep 20, 2008 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Killercrush

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, here's the deal :

Back in winter of this year, I bought an Oliver Powerflex 502 bass amp + cabinet for $1000. The seller (Say Mr. X) wanted me to pay with a money order, which I did. I also asked him to take the unit to Mr. Jess Oliver, who lives near Brooklyn, for a repair job. He did and I thought that Mr. Oliver would take care of shipping but instead of that, Mr. Oliver asked Mr.X to pay for the repairs, which he did and then asked me to pay him back, also with a money order. I sent him the required amount to pay for repair + shipping + storage time. When he received the second money order, he asked me for my home address to ship it, along with a vintage JBL D140F 15 bass speaker I sent to Mr. Oliver for replacement, which he received and refused to work with so Mr.X was asked to keep it.

All these events took place from January 08 to August 08 and I still haven't received anything yet, no tracking number, no communication since early August, nothing at all implying that any progress has been made.

I tried to call him several times, the first time, I talked with a lady (probably his wife or girlfriend) and now I never get a respond when I call.

I'm pretty depressed now. I invested ~$2000 in this and I don't know what to do now so I'm asking if any Head-Fiers living in this area can help me solve this, please PM me if you're willing to do so. You can expect some kind of rewards if it all goes well and end well.

I would be forever grateful!!!

I don't know how to take legal actions against him. Any infos on this side would help too!

Thanks alot!

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 6
So, what kind of help do you need exactly?

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, my stuff was shipped about 45 days ago so I need someone to stop by there for an update about this cause my calls & emails aren't answered.

The name of the person living there is, say, Mrs. Y, she received $1750 in 2 money orders, one of $1000 and another one of $750.

The seller, Mr. X doesn't live in NY anymore. He said that my stuff was in NY for storage so I assume that it was or still is in Mrs. Y apartment.

What you guys can do for me is :

-To stop by there.
-Ask for all contact infos about Mrs. Y & Mr. X, including his family name, for legal purposes.
-Ask for who might have shipped the stuff.
-Ask what shipping company was used.
-Ask for the tracking number, if available.
-In other words, ask for any proofs of shipping.

Kinda like a private detective..

I know it sounds weird but I don't see any other options at the moment.

MrSlacker offered me his help so far and I'm waiting another respond from him. This is really a complicated situation for me.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Whoever does this deed in the end, make sure you wear a trenchcoat when you knock on the door. Gives it a certain flare for first impressions.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 6
New York isn't all that far from Montreal. If I were you, for $1,700.00, I'd visit him in person.

P.S. He's online right now.

Quote:

He said that my stuff was in NY for storage so I assume that it was or still is in Mrs. Y apartment.

Why do you have to assume? Who is Mrs. Y, and what does she have to do with any of this? Who gave the stuff to her to store? This whole things seems odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back