Anyone in Boston with Abyss headphones?
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 8
You all should be aware of this disclaimer as it doesn't mean it's free borrowing.

"A deposit equal to 5% of the selling price of the borrowed products will be charged to your credit card when we ship. This deposit is not refundable but will be applied in full against purchases (headphones, or any other new or used products) from The Cable Company, Usedcable.com, or our Ultra Systems affiliate."

Let's say Abyss Phi CC goes for $4995, the 5% of that would be $249.75. That's a big chuck of change worth an HD650.

If you have no other alternatives, this maybe the best option than taking a huge risk by buying something so high priced and losing a huge chunk in a used market, but it's best to look around for dealers around your area that carry the headphone models you are interesting in demo'ing. It would also be preferable if you find fellow headphone enthusiasts nearby that would let you hear out their systems.

If you go to the headphone company's homepage, there will usually be page with dealers listed for respective countries. This is a way to discover audio shops that maybe near you that you may not be aware of!

Auditioning is the best way to know the headphone. Impressions are too subjective.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 8
It would also be preferable if you find fellow headphone enthusiasts nearby that would let you hear out their systems.

If you go to the headphone company's homepage, there will usually be page with dealers listed for respective countries. This is a way to discover audio shops that maybe near you that you may not be aware of!

Auditioning is the best way to know the headphone. Impressions are too subjective.

Very much agreed with this. Hopefully a cool person in around Boston will see this, and be interested in a mini-meet!

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Very much agreed with this. Hopefully a cool person in around Boston will see this, and be interested in a mini-meet!
I think it's necessary to have a dedicated thread for those looking for people in the area that would be open to letting others listen to their gear. It would serve useful for many that needs to try out particular gear, and also may gather a larger community over time.

Perhaps create something that would cater well to this need for many folks. I always found demo tours a very useful thing for many people assess gear they maybe interested in, and people providing good transparent impression gathers quality statistics. I mean sending it out to only select reviewers that's not being transparent in their review is useless. It creates the same effect of low quality content (basically spam) and the forum as whole becomes low quality and becomes useless for a lot of folks. If such reviewing behaviors are condoned.

I really dislike seeing those reviewers spamming the threads with hype over and over again! I distrust the product if such is condoned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back