anyone in berkeley/bay have new DT880?
Mar 19, 2006 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
after reading all about the DT880 in the forum over the last few days, this has started to kill me. (first the HD700, then HF-1, now this) in any case, i'd like to try out the 880 against the blue dragone'd 650s.... since, if memory serves me correctly, the blue dragon does make the 650s sound a lot more like the 880s.
Memory: told me that the 880s sounded a little weak at the bottom, the violins had more dept and, most importantly, the cymbol crashes sounded gorgeous.
blue dragon: this thing (as my "i hate my senn upgrade cable" thread has mentioned) has greatly improved the top of the senns, tightened the bass and added that extra bit of definition to the violins.
so, now i would like to square em off again, this time without the noise of a meet.
also: as always, if i get a shot, i'll post impressions on this thread later. (if not, then i'll die without comment along with 3/4 of my other threads.)
edit: also, if anyone in berkeley/bay area has Sony SA5K that would also be great...since i dont' remember anything about these cans from the SF meet (only tried them for 5 min or so).

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 2
wow, this is a sennheiser town, aint it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back