Anyone imported Little Dot Amp to EU?
May 28, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 29
mine was marked up as an $8 gift so sailed through customs without charge.

And for things to remain void of customs duties, they have to be under $36 value wether a gift or not.

p.s. doubleE's was your predator bought brand new from Ray and did you ask him to reduce value so as to help with import costs or is this what he does as a matter of course, good manufacturer to keep in the back of my mind if he does.

May 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine was marked up as an $8 gift so sailed through customs without charge.

And for things to remain void of customs duties, they have to be under $36 value wether a gift or not.

p.s. doubleE's was your predator bought brand new from Ray and did you ask him to reduce value so as to help with import costs or is this what he does as a matter of course, good manufacturer to keep in the back of my mind if he does.

Hi Daz

The Predator was bought new from Ray and I didn't ask him to under declare the amp. I think this is some he does. The Hornet I was from him a couple of years back was also under declared
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #18 of 29
Hi DoubleEs, ah cool, thanks for that, and good man Ray, I wouldn't mind but I think the last thing I got hit for royal mail charged more for handling etc than the uk government charged in duty... thats just WRONG.

and for the o.p. my $8 "gift" I reffered to in an earlier post was for a little dot from china so you should be ok with regards import costs.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #19 of 29
Just to answer my own question and also to bask in my own success - Got my Little Dot through with very fast delivery and no additional charges. I consider myself very lucky as I know others haven't been so fortunate. Very nice amp BTW

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #20 of 29
I just recently received a Little Dot MK V.

It went through the UK customs without a single charge.

I find this all the more amazing taking into account the size of the packaging and weight.

I don't know how Little Dot get away with no UK customs charges but im not complaining.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #21 of 29
I ordered a MKIVse and a MKV from Little Dot a couple of days ago, so when they arrive, I'll post and let everyone know whether tax was charged or not.

A random aside if anyone's in a similar position to me and looking to order both MKIVse and MKV from them - David will combine carriage on the amps, think it was about $83 total rather than the $102 it would have been if I'd ordered them separately.

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recently received a Little Dot MK V.

It went through the UK customs without a single charge.

I find this all the more amazing taking into account the size of the packaging and weight.

I don't know how Little Dot get away with no UK customs charges but im not complaining.

How much was declared on the form?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you manage to avoid import fees on that combigned consignment I will be simply amazed, but I wish you luck

If the amps are under declared and not inspected by customs, then there may not be any charges
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 29
Ordered a MKIV SE a while ago, received it last week.. shipped it back last week. The unit was damaged in transport.

no import fees .. (also hopefully next time..)

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 29
You may be right, just had a look at the LD site, the LD IV is 3.5KG, assuming the same for the V, plus packing material, it'll be touching 9-10KG shipping weight
eek.gif

I'm sure the custom guys will want to take a peak inside something as large as that!!

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #27 of 29
I did promise an update when the MKIVse and MKV arrived. Both arrived yesterday in separate internal boxes, but bound together into one package. I guess combined weight was probably around 15kg with all the packaging involved.

The package left Little Dot on the 15th, and it arrived here in Northampton on the morning of the 19th.

There were no customs charges to pay.

If anyone else in the UK is ordering, you can get more detailed tracking info once the package arrives in the UK by using the same tracking number Little Dot give you on the Parcel Force website - it'll tell you exactly when it clears customs and which depot it's going to.

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered a MKIV SE a while ago, received it last week.. shipped it back last week. The unit was damaged in transport.

no import fees .. (also hopefully next time..)

By what way was your unit damaged?
I also received my MK III last week, with a broken power tube.. I had no spares so I have to wait until my tubes from Ukraine arrive to test the unit in general. Otherwise the unit seems to be ok, got even one channel sound out of it.
tongue.gif
Kind of scary though, I really wouldn't like to start shipping things back... IMO guys at Little Dot really should pack their products more carefully. That silly polyurethan inside clearly isn't enough.

EDIT: And to contribute to the actual topic I can tell that I received my LD amp in 6 days, and paid no customs. I actually mentioned David about this customs issue, and he said they can help. I'm not quite sure what they have done, but the package was never opened by customs. And with the current weak USD, the amp didn't cost me much in euros. Pretty nice if it weren't for the broken tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back