Anyone here seen Ichi the Killer?
May 23, 2002 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mumrik

500+ Head-Fier
I saw Ichi the Killer some weeks ago and I was wondering if any of you guys have seen it too...

Some parts of this movie is truly disgusting
eek.gif

May 25, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 7
Dunno but here's a bit about the movie in English...

Hmm, they call this guy "the deranged scar-faced Kakihara", they forgot to mention that his cheeks are cut open (think snake) and the only thing holdning his mouth together is two rings... The first time you see this guy he has his back to the camera and he is smoking. The weird thing is that the smoke is being blown both left and right in a rather weird way - the camera moves around his and we see the smoke exhausting through his cut cheeks...

we get to se this sick dude pierce a womans nipples with hooks, stretch her breasts across a table and then run a sharp knife through her nipples cutting them in half. He also, using many large metal hooks, hangs a man naked from the ceiling as if he was laying on his stomach on a bed. He then takes what looks like an extremely sharp and huge pin an slowly sticks it through the mans cheeks, mouth and throat and pours boiling oil on the back and head of the suspended man... He does a lot more stuff like this. Bleh
frown.gif

The only things they spare os from seing in this movie is a mans penis being slized in two and pierced back together using rings, and the decapitation of a little boy (we only see the blood, the body and the severed head in Ichi's left hand)...

Ichi isn't nearly as bad as Kakihara. True - Ichi is slizing people into pieces with his very special shoes (in the first scene, some men have to clean up an appartment after Ichi - blood and body parts are everywhere, the ceiling too) and he maturbates when he sees women being raped and beaten (the film contains 3-5 raping scenes), but it isn't nearly as disgusting as Kakihara's work...

Meet Kakihara after Ichi has dealt with a few of his men...
s-277.jpg

A larger version can be seen here

there were quite a bit of walkouts doing the film...

Here's a review written by some, perhaps a bit like you
Quote:

Thinking that I'd perhaps finally "seen it all", I was both delighted and sucker-punched when the lights came up on "Ichi The Killer" -- truly, one of the most repulsive films I've ever seen.

more...
and more...
not a bad one...

The film has a homepage too...

May 25, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 7
And I'm not even into this stuff (splatter etc.), I saw the film (in the theatre after midnight
biggrin.gif
) under the impression that the violence was more cartony, though it was exaggerated, it sure wasn't a pleasent or "entertaining" experience.
redface.gif

The guy to my right was one of my friends who looked rather sick most of the time, but the guy to my left, a man in his late thirties or early forties was laughing his brain out everytime something repulsive happened... sick
rolleyes.gif

btw, I really feel that I missed something very symbolic in the weird weird ending this movie had... frustrating...

Jun 3, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
A friend of mine (who likes movies such as Dead Alive) watched this in the theater, walked to the lobby, and fainted.

a lesson to all the kids out there: never mix crack and horror films.

and i hope that most of you already knew this, but peter jackson directed dead alive.. he also directed the lord of the rings.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2002 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Isn't this the movie that everyone walked out on at Cannes? I just don't get why we need films that are so senselessly violent. I am not for censoring them, I think it is important that people have the freedom to do it, but just because you can does not mean you have to...What can possibly be gained by reenacting such a stomach-wrenching, disturbingly gory scene? I guess it is a sort of fetishism, but yuck. As for Mumrik missing the "symbolism" at the end, I am a little skeptical. Lots of bad films (books, poems) end with convulated, "meaningful" scenes that are supposed to be profound in some way. 90 % of the time they are about as asinine as the Three Stooges -- but at least they were TRYING to be stupid. Anyway, that is my opinion.
So there.
Stu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back