Anyone here listen to Opeth?
Mar 31, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
Any Opeth fans out there?

Several OPETH fans here, I have all CDs. Anything in particular you wanted to discuss. (we probably had a couple hundred posts on them in the two "darkest desires" threads here)

Mar 31, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 28
I am a fairly new Opeth listener. I think my favorite album right now is Deliverance.

Has anyone here downloaded Damnation yet? I keep hearing wonderful things but I am trying to hold off until it's officially released

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

I am a fairly new Opeth listener. I think my favorite album right now is Deliverance.

Has anyone here downloaded Damnation yet? I keep hearing wonderful things but I am trying to hold off until it's officially released

I downloaded a few tracks, It's really good, like the bonus tracks on the re-release of blackwater park.

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 28
I like some of their stuff, specially the parts with clean vocals. Blackwater Park has been my personal favorite release and can't wait to get their latest Damnation, according to what I read it's all clean vocals.

Apr 1, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 28
yes, damnation is all clean vocals.

what is everyone's favorite opeth song, if you have one to choose?

Apr 1, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 28
I have two Opeth CD's. Blackwater Park and My Arms Your Hearse. I really have trouble getting into either of them. I do like ths song Demon of The Fall from MAYH.

Apr 1, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #9 of 28
What do you mean by "clean" vocals? Do you mean there's less of the growling voice? Cause that's the one thing that prevented me from getting any more opeth or cof.

Apr 1, 2003 at 10:00 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
What do you mean by "clean" vocals? Do you mean there's less of the growling voice? Cause that's the one thing that prevented me from getting any more opeth or cof.

clean vocals as in no growling or screaming style at all.
Damnation has all clean vocals, its actually quite good, I've listened to the whole album several times.

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:17 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

yes, damnation is all clean vocals.

what is everyone's favorite opeth song, if you have one to choose?

BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL/Morningrise (20 min opus masterwork)

Honorable Mention:
DEMON OF THE FALL/My Arms Your Hears (good call PD)
LEPER AFFINITY/Blackwater Park
DRAPERY FALLS/Blackwater Park
FACE OF MELINDA/Still Life
WREATH/Deliverence

Opeth without some death vocals and aggressive music is like going to a strip club where the ladies don't take everything off...........I will pass on new Damnation CD.
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #14 of 28
I would have to agree, Black Rose Immortal is probably my favorite. At close second is Face of Melinda, though I have not listened to Damnation.

Does anyone plan to see Opeth, or has anyone seen them on their tour in the US?

Apr 2, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Opeth without some death vocals and aggressive music is like going to a strip club where the ladies don't take everything off...........I will pass on new Damnation CD.

Then you will be missing out big time, "In My Time of Need" is one of the best songs they have ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back