Anyone here listen to Creeper Lagoon?
Jan 5, 2002 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

neil

500+ Head-Fier
I was watching HBO the other evening, and there's this show called Reverb where they show concert performances. One of the bands was called Creaper Lagoon. They had some pretty sweet guitar melodies, and their drummer wasn't half bad either.. was wondering if any of you guys/gals listen to them and if you have any recommended albums.

Jan 7, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 4
CL is basically a power pop band with some really decent songwriting and great guitar work. I believe the 2 main songwriters trade off singing leads, but the voices on the cd are very similar.

this band has been around awhile putting out EP's and records on an independent label. Go to their website (www.creeperlagoon.com I believe, it's been awhile), they've got lots of music clips to preview/download.

I like these guys alot, they came along at a time when i needed my faith restored in great guitar-driven power pop.... and you're right, the drummer is pretty good, his playing jumped out at me right away. I own the cd with Wrecking Ball on it, sorry i can't remember the album title... it's long. Reports were they were opening for Guided by Voices on their last tour. Thank god the lastest cd sounds better that the lo-fi stuff GBV likes to put out!!!

Have fun

Schiss

Feb 24, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by schiss
I own the cd with Wrecking Ball on it, sorry i can't remember the album title... it's long.

"Take Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday"
wink.gif
(I like that title a lot!)

I just listened to some clips and downloaded a few songs (not only am I broke but I'm about $150 "in the hole", so downloading music is right to me
biggrin.gif
), and I am really enjoying their songs so far. "Wonderful Love is a good song. And just when I was getting tired of "Wrecking Ball", I hear an old favourite of mine, "Dear Deadly" - I remember loving this song but I never knew who it was by. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back