Anyone here/know who makes custom ear pads?
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nallows

New Head-Fier
I have some Beyerdynamic DT770s, but after long periods of use my ears begin to feel uncomfortable.  I want to deepen the depth by an extra third to avoid my ears touching inside.  Does anyone actually specialize in custom pads that I could go to online (or in stores)? 

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 5
bump...
confused_face.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 5
You could try making your own if your that desperate, just need some foam, velour( or leather if you prefer), and some sewing expertise.  If you're desperate but not desperate enough to make your own i guess i could take a crack at them, but it'd be very hard to fit pads to a pair of phones i don't have access to.  At the very least a person would need very specific measurements and in-depth pictures showing how the pads mate with the cup and such

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
You could try making your own if your that desperate, just need some foam, velour( or leather if you prefer), and some sewing expertise.  If you're desperate but not desperate enough to make your own i guess i could take a crack at them, but it'd be very hard to fit pads to a pair of phones i don't have access to.  At the very least a person would need very specific measurements and in-depth pictures showing how the pads mate with the cup and such

So if I learn to sew than I should be good? I found a tutorial on this site, anymore like this?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/562891/request-custom-earpad-tutorial-for-fullsized-cans

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 5
That is a very adequate turorial for making you're own pads, it's basically the way i would make them.  I think you should follow his directions and if you have any questions I'm sure someone on this forum could help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back