Anyone here have NIN - And All That Could Have Been?
Feb 3, 2003 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Khazim

100+ Head-Fier
If so, does anyone notice how horrible the vocals are? I'm not talking about Trent's voice, I'm talking about how it seems really compressed or something. It's most noticeable when he says words with the letter 's' in it. I noticed this yesterday while listening to it with my V6s and it really annoyed the hell out of me since I usually don't notice it on my crappy computer speakers. I don't really know what the point of this thread is, but uhh... yeah... Everything else besides the vocals sound fine (at least to me). I know it's a live CD, but Tool - Salival sounds fine.

Feb 3, 2003 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 7
I have that cd, but I've only listened to it on the computer and couldn't here anything like that. I'll listen to it again with the my new pcdp and see if I hear anything too.
eek.gif

Feb 4, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 7
I found it to be very nicely uncompressed overall. Some huuuge dynamic range on a few songs.

minya- I agree that it sounds a lot more "full" and the older songs no longer sound old when played live. BTW, nice Find Candace avatar.

Feb 14, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 7
Well when everyone was complaining about how bad the mastering on the zwan album was, 2 other albums came up alot: californication and the latest NIN live cd (I'm guessing that would be the cd you are refering to?) as having really bad mastering.

Biggie.

Feb 14, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
NIN live cd (I'm guessing that would be the cd you are refering to?) as having really bad mastering.

Biggie.

Yes, it's the live CD. Hmm... Most music I never really notice a difference when listening to the mp3s on my ChromeX. I used to use --alt-preset standard -Y to save some space. The music sounds FINE, but it's the vocals that bothered me a bit. Weird... I switched to ogg since I burned the mp3 disc with the NIN songs so I'll happy to see how ogg sounds on my ChromeX (whenever the damn firmware upgrade comes out).

Listen to Gave Up (track 7). "...the kind that hurts the most.. forgot how it feeeels. well, almost." The problem occurs when he says each "s". I can hear it both on my mp3 disc and the actual CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back