Anyone here had durability problems with Atrio M5?
Feb 2, 2008 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bull Moose

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, It's been a while since I've posted anything (but don't think I haven't been roaming the forum!) but I'm writing now because of a concern I'm having with my atrio m5s. I've noticed that the soft rubber that protects the memory portion of the wire before it enters the actual earphone enclosure has a small tear on both the left and right sides. I haven't been abusing these at all, only wearing them daily. I had UM2s before these which I sold to my brother and I had been loving these, but I'm not loving their durability at the moment. I've only had these since the beginning of Sept and they are still well within the 2 year warranty so I'm thinking of sending them in. Has anyone here done something like this with theirs, and if so how was the experience? I had cable problems with my UM2s but it was only after two years of constant use (at at that point it was expected). Don't get me wrong, the atrios are fantastic phones for the price (and the UM2's bass can't even begin to reach the awesome level of definition that the atrio's can!). Let me know what you guys think please. Thanks!

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 2
I've had my M5s more than a year, and one of the rubber protective pieces has disengaged from the phone, but I don't really care (those protective memory wires actually bug me). Other than that, no durability issues. I'd get in touch with FS and get them to either fix it or replace the phones. If I could safely remove the plastic coating, I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back