Anyone here from Washington DC?
Nov 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #16 of 59
We usually don't have a big enough turnout to get vendors.  Justin was at the first meet I attended many years ago, but it was also the largest meet I've been too.   You're welcome to invite anyone once we have a definite date, but I doubt any vendor will show up unless we a lot of people showing up. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the  LCD3. I wish someone in the area owned HifiMan orthos.   I may have a Smeggy made Thunderpants by the meet but that really depends on how backed up Smeggy is.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 59
Wow, right as I was thinking about how cool a meet would be, this thread pops up! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I am in the D.C. Area, and this sounds really cool and would love to go. 

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #18 of 59
End of January sounds pretty good. My KGSSHV will most likely be done by then but definitely not the DIY T2.

Yes that's correct... I picked up some stax since the last meet
tongue.gif

Edit: I would be very interested in hearing a pair of thunderpants

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 59
Cool that people have replied.

I am currently traveling for business in Germany. I am pretty busy through the first week of December and then off to California the last half of the month.

And the rest of my December is full of end-of-year parties, etc.

So the earliest I could get together would be January sometime.

I live and work downtown around Chinatown.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #21 of 59

Quote:
We usually don't have a big enough turnout to get vendors.  Justin was at the first meet I attended many years ago, but it was also the largest meet I've been too.   You're welcome to invite anyone once we have a definite date, but I doubt any vendor will show up unless we a lot of people showing up. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the  LCD3. I wish someone in the area owned HifiMan orthos.   I may have a Smeggy made Thunderpants by the meet but that really depends on how backed up Smeggy is.

I will bring Meridian G08.2 or Audio Research CD3 Mk2, Hifiman EF6 amplifier, Hifiman He6 and HE500 to the meet. cheers!

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #22 of 59
Really looking forward to hearing the HiFiMan.  The only one I've heard was the original HE-5 and it was nothing special.

I have confirmation that we have a room on Saturday, January 21, from 10AM - 5PM.  I'll start a new thread in a day or 2.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #24 of 59

Quote:
Really looking forward to hearing the HiFiMan.  The only one I've heard was the original HE-5 and it was nothing special.

I have confirmation that we have a room on Saturday, January 21, from 10AM - 5PM.  I'll start a new thread in a day or 2.

I will be helping Hifiman in the meet, but won't be available at that time..is there any possible to move it a little later like the weekend after? I will bring all the Hifiman products to the meet..thanks

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 59
I'll try to get the room for the following weekend.  The online calendar says it's available but the library is closed today and tomorrow so I won't know for sure until Saturday or Monday.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #30 of 59
Dupont circle, also interested in attending. I can bring a uDac, Grado Sr80 and Denon D1001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back