Anyone here from Washington DC?
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
Would be interested in a "meet, greet, listen" meetup sometime.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 59
Did you guys decide to get together?  I'm in the NOVA/DC area and would be down for a meet some time.

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #9 of 59
I'll be back in NOVA (Reston) in January and would be interested in attending meets.

Subscribed

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 59
Im interested in attending if we could do a Sunday again.

Drew

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 59
I'm also interested! I am right by Georgetown Law in northwest DC.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #12 of 59
My local library isn't open on Sundays, so the request I made is for Saturdays.  The Arlington Central library is open on Sundays, but we've had a meet there before and it was short of electrical outlets.  The same was true of the library in Fairfax city. 

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #13 of 59
Cool, thanks for taking the initiative.  So which library did you reserve space at?  Will we be free to talk there?
If Audeze ships the 3's next week, I will have them well in advance of the meet...fingers crossed.

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #14 of 59
It's the Arlington's Westover branch.  It's the same room as the last meet.  It's a great room for a meet IMO.  The fact that it's 3 blocks from my house doesn't effect my opinion of it at all 
tongue.gif

Seriously, every table has built in outlets which connect to outlets in the floor.  It's separated from the rest of the library so sound isn't a problem.  There's a door to the room that provides fairly easy access from the parking lot behind it.  Plus the Westover Beer Garden, that now has some indoor tables, and the Lost Dog Cafe with 300 beers, both across the street.

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #15 of 59
Oh nice, yeah thats really close to me too.  What do you think about inviting a few local vendors?  Justin from Headamp is in VA and Drew from Moon Audio is in NC, to name 2 that I know of.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back