Anyone heard this Sony SACD player
Nov 8, 2004 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pcolbeck

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Has anyone heard the Sony SCDXE680 SACD player ? They are going for £99 here in the UK (were £400 orgionally). I was considering buying one rather than an old Marantz CD73 or similar form Ebay. What do people think ?

Thanks

Pat

Nov 8, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 6
good value certainly.. main digital board is the same as in SCD-XA3000ES
cool.gif
dunno about analog board, but even the one in xa3000es isn't anything special really..

Nov 8, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcolbeck
Hi

Has anyone heard the Sony SCDXE680 SACD player ? They are going for £99 here in the UK (were £400 orgionally). I was considering buying one rather than an old Marantz CD73 or similar form Ebay. What do people think ?

Thanks

Pat

In a word, Don't.

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by theaudiohobby
In a word, Don't.

Thats very definative, have you had a bad experience with these players ?
Care to elucidate. I'm having trouble digging any info up on them at all.

Pat

Nov 9, 2004 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcolbeck
Thats very definitive, have you had a bad experience with these players ?
Care to elucidate. I'm having trouble digging any info up on them at all.

Pat

Well, I have the XE670, which was an okay player, but it is not as good as my SCDXB940, which I sold
frown.gif
, on either redbook or SACD, XE680 was reviewed as being worse than the XE670, so you get my drift, this is a very average player.

Nov 9, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by theaudiohobby
Well, I have the XE670, which was an okay player, but it is not as good as my SCDXB940, which I sold
frown.gif
, on either redbook or SACD, XE680 was reviewed as being worse than the XE670, so you get my drift, this is a very average player.

I see. What did you think of the SCDXB940 as these seem to go for a reasonable price second hand. Also most of the ones I have seen dont have the remote anymore, can the major functions of the SCDXB940 be done from the player itself ? I am not bothered about a remote per say so long as I can work the thing properly without one, I seem to remember that these have a selection of filters etc.

Thanks

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back