Anyone heard the new Apocalyptica?
Oct 2, 2007 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

papomaster

500+ Head-Fier
The new Apocalyptica album, Worlds Collide, has been out for a few weeks. Anyone heard it yet? If there is a youtube link please tell.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 14
Worlds Collide has the same great Dark and Atmospheric cello playing that their previous albums had. The Album would have been a bit more solid a release for me if a few of the songs, like Helden (Guest Singer Till Lindemann of Rammstein), hadn't been there, but I think that has more to do with me not particularly enjoying those Apocalyptica songs that involve singing. Otherwise, it was an excellent album.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 14
Oh my gosh, I recently saw one of their songs on youtube, I think it was the preformance for the Eurovision awards or whatever.. I was pretty impressed, though I had no idea they had any albums out. Im very curious now, i suppose I should wiki them and check youtube for more.

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 14
I like the new album myself. Mostly solid songwriting, and very good production. Awesome main riff on the second track.

I don't think I've heard any of the previous albums though, except for the first one on which they covered Metallica songs - anyone know how they measure up to the new one?

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 14
I didn't even know they had a new album. Must get.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 14
It's not available in the states until Feb. 2008. But you can import it. Personally I think it's awesome. I've been a fan of theirs since the first album of all Metallica covers. There are a few songs on the newest cd that amazes me that it's just 3 cellos and drums.

The song with Corey Taylor really strikes a nerve about Priests molesting children.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not available in the states until Feb. 2008...

That's OK, there's other ways to "sample" the music before then.
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not available in the states until Feb. 2008. But you can import it. Personally I think it's awesome. I've been a fan of theirs since the first album of all Metallica covers. There are a few songs on the newest cd that amazes me that it's just 3 cellos and drums.

The song with Corey Taylor really strikes a nerve about Priests molesting children.

What WOW... Are you serious, I had no idea they did any Metallica covers.. and.. WHAT THE HECK is that about Priests molesting children?! Thats some serious subject matter, I didnt quite expect it from this band O_O

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #12 of 14
aaah, these guys, i miss their old sound, i think they have been losing much of that what defined then when they began, now they're moving more torwards a nu-metalesque sound, which i really dont like.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #13 of 14
All bands grow. Otherwise they are dead in the water. I actually love the direction they have moved on to. Everyone and their brother is emulating what they started doing. How many String Tribute cds are out there now? Here in Dallas there are two cello metal bands. I'm just glad to see the fusion of the two person children of music. Without Classical, there wouldn't be metal. And the two genres while looked at stereotypically are different are really so similar.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 14
David Bowie's "Heroes" sounds pretty weird in german (Helden) but I like the brutality which comes with Till Lindemann's voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back