Anyone heard the Martin Logan Vantage yet?
Mar 14, 2006 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mattigol

500+ Head-Fier
Apparently they had their big rollout during CES 2006, but maybe some of you already had the opportunity for some critical listening or uses these @ home?

Is it as great as some early press statements are saying. Please chime in...

Matthias
icon10.gif

May 2, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 9
Please don't mind me bumping this up from the dead. There still aren't any reviews to be found online. I have read some impressions, but nothing in depth. Anyone out there with extended experience?

May 2, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 9
I know my friends dad has a Martin Logan setup that costed him $10 grand but sad to say i have not heared it myself.

Sorry i got no reviews.

May 2, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 9
These were given a very briesf review in the paper this week by a respected Australian reviewer.

Although he's the editor of Australian Hifi Mag, it's a shallow review because most of the paper's readers aren't audiophiles.

The jist of the review is "very impressive" and "the highs are slightly softer than the mid range and bass giving the music a relaxed feel particuarly at high volume". Don't know if this is of any help.

May 2, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 9
I had the Vantage before I moved to the Summits. I'll chime in with thoughts in a little while, sort of busy at the moment.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #8 of 9
If your still thinking about the ML Vantage, might want to consider the new Ethos model.  Passive radiator design vs slot load bass port.  No bass port, especially on the back, helps with placement flexibility.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 9
Hey man, this is a seven year old thread!   LOL!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back