Anyone heard the headphone out on the mcintosh c2200?
Feb 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

headphonejunkie

1000+ Head-Fier
I know this is a high end item but I was curious if anyone has heard this badboy before.

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Maybe they would let me in the store to plug my headphones in. I doubt it. Unless I made believe I could afford one of those beauties.

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 6
It couldn't hurt to ask... I was in a local high-end store on Saturday that had a C2200 as the main preamplifier, and they left me alone to fiddle with it as much as I wanted.
tongue.gif

I guess it will depend on their store policies.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 6
Not that's it's the same, but I've got a vintage Mc2105.
The headphone output is like no other I've ever heard (integrated into an amp/preamp that is).
It does a really outstanding job driving an headphone that I throw at it.
At least on this older model, it appears that the headphone out was not just an afterthought like it is with much gear today.
I could honestly be happy with using it as a main speaker amp and headphone amp if I had to.
My guess is that if you had the opportunity to give it a listen, it'd impress you.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 6
I am going to have to go to my local mcintosh shop and check one out one of these days.It will give me another reason to get one of those. All I need is about 4 grand.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 6
The newer model C2300 is an even better preamp, with a much nicer MC phonostage. Might be a better headphone out on it too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back