anyone heard of the AKG K450? are they good?
Nov 11, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 16
Amazon.co.uk: AKG K 450 navy - Electronics & Photo: Electronics & Photo

Play.com (UK) : AKG K 450 Folding Mini Headphones (Navy) : Electronics - Free Delivery

not at these prices, no! unlike many manufacturers, AKG are really trying to create a new line, instead of ripping us off with re-heated leftovers (denon, ultrasone take note)

however, reports are, underneate the fancy make over, you'll find the same drivers from the old line. That's what i understand. so whilst they look stunning on the outside, on the inside, they're probably no better than the akg k27i or jbl 410's.

they are sexy headphones though! these and phiaton are the only good looking nnew entries this year i think. but price wise, they are way too far out of their depth.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 16
Tried the K 450 and was disappointed. Compared with the K 26 P a bit better in the mids and highs, but the same overblown bottom end.

Lots more comfortable than the K 26/414.

Definitely not worth the German price of EUR 99.

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leipziger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried the K 450 and was disappointed. Compared with the K 26 P a bit better in the mids and highs, but the same overblown bottom end.

Lots more comfortable than the K 26/414.

Definitely not worth the German price of EUR 99.

they are good looking things, but i'm not scared about paying over the top. i've never tried them, but for he price i could get onto our friendly auction site and pick something else. i'm intreagued, but not enough to hand over my hard earned...

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #6 of 16
well I can vouch for them being way better than the k416p: better highs and sound overall, much more comfortable, better isolation and quite stylish. for portables they rule (though i haven't tried the px100).

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 16
I auditioned them for a few minutes before. My memory is a little hazy on the overall performance but that's because I remember being incredibly impressed by the amount of bass they put out. Bear in mind that I'm definitely a basshead so they definitely won't be the choice for anyone looking for neutrality. Extremely comfortable and that's coming from someone who usually doesn't like supra-aural phones because of comfort issues. They are also very easy to drive and go very loud. I'm considering getting a pair.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 16
Yes I have heard them since I own them.

I got them for about 100 usd so I didn't think they were that bad for the price. I don't have experiences with the other AKG portable headphones but from what I can tell, these are quite good. I used to have the ES7's and these are a lot more comfortable even though they are both supraural.

Soundwise, I enjoy these a bit better than the ES7's because I feel as if these are a bit more neutral. The midrange is better and the treble isn't as harsh. However, these are not the most detailed cans there are. That should be an obvious statement. I do enjoy the folding of the headphones though. They make them very portable.

All in all, I think for how much I paid and for what I use them for, they fulfill my needs. They're not the best of my headphones since they are easily the cheapest, but they get the job done when i need my fix of music and am not at home.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #10 of 16
Muhahahahahaha! Head-Fi strikes again!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are good looking things, but i'm not scared about paying over the top. i've never tried them, but for he price i could get onto our friendly auction site and pick something else. i'm intreagued, but not enough to hand over my hard earned...

O RLY?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...ressed-422358/

wink.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 16
the akg k450s are amazing. even if they are pretty easy to drive
a fiio e5 amp adds punch and crispness to the sound.
I have owned them for 3 months now and I love music ever so much
more. especially bob dylan and some rolling stones....

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #12 of 16
I have to admit, all the time i've had my AKG's I've not actually got around to hooking them up to an amp, such is their power and performance in standard form. The K450's are very easy to drive.

I have to say that although the Ultrasone HFI-15G is the most grounded out of the four, the C-jays, Sennheiser HD438, HFI15G and K450 are four very good headphones.

In terms of lightness and overall design I like the c-jays

in terms of robustness the C-jays and AKG's are head and shoulders above the seen's and Ultrasones.

I like the C-jays for true portable, inconspicuous use.

The AKG's when I want a bit of kick to my music.

The HFI-15G and HD438 when I want a more ... laid back listening session.

For comfort, none of my 70+ headphones are better than the HFI-15G ... none!

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #14 of 16
I tried the AKG K 450 yesterday in a shop and did a direct comparison with the Zino.

I can't believe they got good grades and even some awards. True, they're really comfortable but SQ is among the worst I've heard. I don't know how anyone can like that low-tuned thick sound that kills all melodies...

Maybe interesting for techno fans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back