Anyone heard of Meizu Mini?
Apr 26, 2006 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

angler31337

500+ Head-Fier
I stumbled across this page earlier today. I've not heard of Meizu before, and the player in question seems to be new. Is this something worth watching?

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakalwe
Meizu appears to have a dedicated following in Sweden, for some reason, and their previous products (various flash players, 1GB max) get good reviews over there.

Weird. I follow the big Korean companies pretty closely, but have gotten used to ignoring China as a significant source of decent players. This requires additional research.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 13
Might want to ask for a "member of the trade" status there...

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 13
I like the name "Meizu Mini"...

Apr 30, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 13
Well personally, I think this is an awesome player, but it's probably because it fits my needs more than others..
It's cheap for 4GB flash and will support ogg and video.. It's really thin so I can use it to dance or exercise or whatever, and I can use video to watch dance move tutorials or music videos or whatever random thing..
But seriously, 200 bucks for 4GB flash, ogg support, vid support, really thin, pretty big screen and decent battery life plus a AAA add-on pack too.

May 2, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by audio_al
anybody know when its out? it looks really awsome, cant wait to read the reviews on it!

Estimate that is listed on China in mid-April

Here's some info I got on this player:

Flash Portable Media Player (MP4 Player)/OTG with 2.4" 260K-Color TFT-LCD and Touch Keypad

Key Specifications/Special Features:

Easy access with dynamic GUI and touch keypad
2.4-inch 260,000-color QVGA 320 x 240 TFT-LCD screen
512MB/1GB/2GB /4GB/20GBflash memory capacity optional
Supports MP3, MP2, WMA, OGG audio files
Supports SRS, WOW, TruBass, 3D surround sound effects
FM radio with FM EQ and FM/voice recording
Supports OTG (USB host) function
Photo album + slide show: BMP, JPG, GIF formats
Movie player: AVI format
Game and calculator
Text viewer
Optional external AAA battery case
Alarm with real-time clock
USB 2.0 ultra fast data transfer
Supports Microsoft MTP
Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery, plays up to 20 hours
Supports button song
Software upgradable
Dimensions: 79 x 48.2 x 10mm
Weight: 57g

May 8, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #11 of 13
The good:
+ External AAA battery case +20 hours internal battery time
+ Fm radio with adjustable equalizer (not possible with iaudio)
+ The disign and the price

- Its Chinese (bad quality im not sure with this one but its a fact that chinese stuff get break easier)

I´ve never heard of these Meizu player´s Sound quality but i hope someone can tell me

Man i´m in the middle of Meizu mini and Iaudio 6 and dont know where to go

May 8, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickie
Man i´m in the middle of Meizu mini and Iaudio 6 and dont know where to go

HA! Welcome onboard because we are on the same boat!! I can't decide between the already released iAudio 6 and this either. I have been waiting to see when dapreview.net or someone else gets their hands on it and reviews. At this point in time I am leaning towards the iAudio 6 for a few different reasons (one of them being it isn't styled like an iPod
rolleyes.gif
).

May 8, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 13
[QUOTEAt this point in time I am leaning towards the iAudio 6 for a few different reasons (one of them being it isn't styled like an iPod
rolleyes.gif
).[/QUOTE]

Hhehe me leaning towards the Meizu though becus of the juicy design and the external battery case and the price(200$ for the 4 GB player).
If the Meizu mini uses the same Sigmatel-3520 chip as iaudio 5 and Meizu X6 then it should have the same sound quality as Iaudio 5 (which is more than great) then it will become my first choice

Its still 19 days left until the Swedish release of Mini, for the first time in my life im feeling lucky living in sweden
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back