Anyone heard of Buckethead?
Jul 31, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
Incorrect. Thanks for the link though, Becker is not bad, he reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen- but that's not a bad thing. Speaking of Yngwie, he's coming to my home town soon. Can't wait!

There is no correct or incorrect, but it's just opinion. I personally thing Yngwie is great, but Jason becker has shown to be far superior as far as both composition, and technique (insane sweeps...I could do the sweeps on his records but those he did on gigs are just impossible). Just listen to Altitudes. Tons of feel on that song.

Aug 24, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 43
For those of you who, like me, think Population Override is his best album, the closest second, IMO, is probably the Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains project, entitled The Big Eyeball In The Sky. It's not as bluesy -- it's a bit more jambandy -- but daggam, is it awesome!

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #18 of 43
I love all of the albums mentioned thus far, but my favorites from him continue to be the "Bucketheadland" albums. I just love the quirky, exciting, strange story of those two albums. And, of course, the guitar playing is brilliant.

Aug 26, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #20 of 43
If you have the time, I would very, very, very highly recommend seeing Buckethead live. Calling his shows "weird" and "amazing" would be an understatement. The two times I've seen him were two of the best concerts I've ever been to, with the third time coming up right before Halloween.

Sep 9, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #22 of 43
I don't know where to get the higher bitrate copy mate, that CD sells on ebay for over $400 when it comes up.

Just letting you know that a new album is about to be released, Buckethead and Travis Dickerson "Chicken Noodles". Looks like an extension of population override
basshead.gif

Check it out here - http://www.tdrsmusic.com/noodles.html
It will be shipping and available in the download store in a few days.

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
I don't know where to get the higher bitrate copy mate, that CD sells on ebay for over $400 when it comes up.

i've seen full quality bootlegs of it for a lot less than that.

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #24 of 43
I just listened to the clips of Population Override on CDNOW and that &h1t is amazing! Im going to pick it up when I get some funds.

Sep 9, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #25 of 43
If you can get your hands on Enter The Chicken, the song Nottingham Lace is a guaranteed face-melter
tongue.gif

I've been a closet Buckethead fan for a year now, even to the point where me and my friend from school would call each other B-head and do the robot in the elevators on campus. It was sweet
cool.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #30 of 43
I did sound for him ages ago, forget who he was touring with at the time but he played in the club I worked. Mike Watt maybe...so long ago and too many shows to remember clearly.

He sticks to the schtick so you don't get any impression of who he is, but he's a fantastic player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back