Anyone heard both Yuin PKx and AKG K 14/314?
Dec 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vid

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey,

There's a good thread about the AKG K 14 (and 314) here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/209261/akg-k14p-portable-earphone-review. However, I didn't want to necro it because it's actually in the full-sized headphone section.

Someone in that thread said the K 14/314 do well against the Yuin PK line while another person said they didn't. I was wondering if now, two years later, there might be more opinions about these AKG buds vs. the Yuin PK line?

The K 14/314 have been my favorite earbuds for five years, but lately I've also been thinking about getting the PK3 or PK2.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 3
As a way of bump, I've also been looking at the Sunrise Charms recently. However, people are describing them as warm, which – if it's the Sennheiser kind of warm – is probably not what I'm into.

I'm perfectly happy with the K 314, in fact I recently bought three more pairs in case they're getting discontinued, but if there's better sound to be had for a reasonable price then I might as well try it out.

May 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm now in the fortunate position to answer my own question, at least regarding PK3 vs K 314. I bought the PK3 last winter and got around to comparing them to the K 314 lately.

In short, the PK3 isn't an upgrade over the K 314 unless all you want is more bass.

Having done some comparisons... The PK3 have a deeper soundstage, but the K 314 have more width. The PK3 have better bass, but the K 314 have better highs. The K 314 fetch more detail and sound more coherent.

The K 314 signature is like an earbud version of the K 240 DF, give or take. The PK3 are ok.

The Blox M2C are like a better version of the K 314, but cost more.

For the past year or so the K 314 were sold locally for 6 €, which was one of the best bargains in earbud history. They're typically priced about the same as the PK3, though AKG has apparently now discontinued them. The replacement, K 315, is a lot of steps backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back