Anyone hear PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
Jan 8, 2007 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jt25741

100+ Head-Fier
I am interested in any comparisons with the PS Audio DLIII among either Stello, Aqvox, and of course Lavry. The PS Audio has been out for a while, but I cannot find a single write-up other than a one-liner.

Good Listening and thanks for your comments

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 4
I've only heard one briefly, and with an amp I wasn't familiar with (EC-SS). That said, I did not hear any major flaws to make me think that it doesn't play on the level of the DAC's mentioned. I guess this isn't the most helpful info in the world, but it's a start
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only heard one briefly, and with an amp I wasn't familiar with (EC-SS). That said, I did not hear any major flaws to make me think that it doesn't play on the level of the DAC's mentioned. I guess this isn't the most helpful info in the world, but it's a start
biggrin.gif

Well, that's something. PS Audio offers a 30 day trial, so the risk isn't huge. I would love to get some indication that it's worth the money, though (i.e., that it's in the same league with the Benchmark, Lavry, Stello DA100, etc). Those are all ones that I'm considering (with a strong preference for the ones with USB support). It's just a question of which to try first.

Anyway, I can't find much discussion of this dac (the Digital Link III) at Headfi. The only thing I have found is a review from The Absolute Sound that I trust much less than some of the opinions around here. Ultimately, my own ears will be the judge, but I would rather not bother if it's pretty certain to be a waste of time/money.

Thanks for your input.

--asdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back