Anyone having trouble posting to the for sale section?
Feb 1, 2007 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Tele

Head-Fier
When I try, it indicates that I don't have permission. I've been able to in the past. I have emailed the administrator, but no response. Any ideas?

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 41
I was wondering the same thing and sent mails to the administrator before coming across the sticky which says u are required to have at least 50 posts on the forum before you can post int he Trade section.

I however bought a headsave amp, but have been unable to leave feedback for the seller. I guess i need to PM him and let him know that it won't be possible for a while.
Well, got 40 more to go..
blink.gif

Sachu

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 41
Understandable, but people should be able to leave feedback, at the least. I sold 2 items to 2 different people prior to this rule and will not be able to receive positive feedback from them. Which kinda stinks because that would help boost my rep. and make it easier to continue trading in the forums.

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tele /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is total BS. I was able to post something for sale (and I did successfully with great feedback) a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't. I spend a lot of time here. Just because I don't post a lot. Moderators, get a #$%^ grip.

Not a smart post.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tele /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is total BS. I was able to post something for sale (and I did successfully with great feedback) a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't. I spend a lot of time here. Just because I don't post a lot. Moderators, get a #$%^ grip.

I'm new here. Certainly not new to online forums though, and MANY, MANY online forums have similar policies. It can be inconvenient. I wanted to post a WTB thread. Instead I had to find people selling what I wanted and PM them. That being said I understand the way things work. In the last year I've been torched in 2 online deals to the tune of a bit over a grand. And I know that the forums are just trying to protect their members.

Morph201, as other people do on some forums, just put your refs/dealings in your sig. If people are worried to deal with you, it's nothing a few PMs wont solve.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Understandable, but people should be able to leave feedback, at the least. I sold 2 items to 2 different people prior to this rule and will not be able to receive positive feedback from them. Which kinda stinks because that would help boost my rep. and make it easier to continue trading in the forums.

It's good that the new rule affects older members as well. Maybe there is a chance that it will be reconsidered and (somewhat) relaxed. Perhaps a positive feedback from a full-fledged member could open the door to those fora? Certainly, the present solution is easier to implement...

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #12 of 41
C'mon, what's so hard about participating a little and building up 50 posts? I've seen a forum where the mods had to verify that you posted something meaningful in order for your post count to go up. Considering there is no such restriction here on building your post count, I feel the current policy has almost no teeth. But it's better than nothing, and it's not as annoying as seeing people who come here to spam the fs forums.

Also, becoming a contributing member will garner you some credibility -- credibility when dealing with other users in transactions, and credibility when complaining about the policies of the forum.

I agree that the inability to post it feedback forum is a bug in the system and should be fixed.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #13 of 41
50 posts is a bit high IMO. I've seen a few people who've been registered since 2004 (or even earlier) that don't have 50 yet, and they have to suffer too? Something more like 20 would be more reasonable I think. Also setting it too high probably encourages spamming.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
50 posts is a bit high IMO. I've seen a few people who've been registered since 2004 (or even earlier) that don't have 50 yet, and they have to suffer too? Something more like 20 would be more reasonable I think. Also setting it too high probably encourages spamming.

*cough cough* highlighter *cough*

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #15 of 41
The forum I was referring set its minimum post count to 20, but because it required mod approval for upping the post count, it took quite a long time.

20 is good, too. In its current implementation, I don't think there's any meaningful difference (in terms of building credibility) between 50 and 20. And as you said, it may only encourage spamming to post for post sake.

Still, I don't think it's asking much of users to meet some kind of minimum standard, arbitrary as it may be, to participate in the fs forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back