Anyone have their Zune 120 yet ? Any differences in performance from the 80 ?
Sep 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 29
Sep 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #17 of 29
Never owned Zune until bought a 120g Zune a few days back. Completely suprised by the quality of sound it produces. I was totally enjoying it with Koss PortaPro last night and this morning. Better than 5.5 iPod Video and Cowon D2. Thinking of selling my 5.5g iMod. By the way, all my music is WMA lossless.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 29
So the screen is improved in the color dept and the battery life is listed as 30hrs. The prob is that MS over estimated the players time the last round (for the 80). Hope it really is improved as it's a great player.

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #20 of 29
I got mine roughly 2 weeks ago (a day before it was released). I have been very, very happy with my purchase. The audio quality is excellent and I love the UI.

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 29
Got mine about a week ago, coming from a zune 30 and zune 80 owner I replaced my 80 because the battery completely died and would not power on good thing i had warranty at best buy.

Overall 120 is definitely lighter, screen looks better than 80, and the battery life has most definitely improved. My 80 would barely lasted 6hrs without charging it, and without even playing a video. I think I had a faulty battery anyways. The new 120 lasts a lot longer, sound is still great. I use mainly WMA lossless and 320 mp3s.

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #22 of 29
Wma lossless ftw. I'm slowly converting my flac albums into wma lossless but it's the same. Compression might be different but it's still lossless =D

i think the mono black makes it perform better and the gloss finish is the reason there's a color bump =D

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #23 of 29
How is the battery holding up for real world usage? You guys are really making it seem appealing!!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #24 of 29
Real world usage.. hmm

Well everyday i go to school at 8.. so its a 30 minute bus ride..

i have a jumbo amount of spares (stupid school).. so i have 2-3 spares most days.. thats about 1-3 hours usage depending if i'm studying or hanging out with friends.

waiting for the bus and bus ride home can take from 30 minutes to an hour or so.

All in all i use around 2 to 4.5 hours of daily usage.

Depending on if i watch some videos on my zune.. i can use my zune for 4-6 days without charging... but the fact is that i always connect my zune to my computer because i'm still in the process of converting my flac to wma lossless and cleaning up their metatags so it shows pretty on my zune
wink.gif

As long as my zune doesn't die on me on the first 3 days(it lasts longer than 3 days according to my daily use).. it's all gravy

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #25 of 29
I owned the zune 80, but returned it so i could afford k701's. I think i'll be picking up a 120 after i order the "hornet." Hopefully it'll be on sale by then!

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering buying one of these things. Is it true that you cannot use it as a hard drive and that it does not come with a user adjustable EQ?

Hmmm.. I hope my portable stuff lasts a third as long as my vintage full sized stuff...mostly from the late '60's to early 80's

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey/ Ga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm.. I hope my portable stuff lasts a third as long as my vintage full sized stuff...mostly from the late '60's to early 80's

How true my friend, how true. But hopefully, we pick up some tips from others on these websites to warn us of certain problems w/ certain products. The problem many times is sorting through so much information. I say don't afford the risk if your pocket won't allow you to do so. Now if I could only heed my own advice.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 29
I have gone through the 30, 80 and now am using the 120. Not seeing a whole lot of difference in performance except for maybe slightly better battery life (primarily used for video and audio on flights) and the software is much better with large file collections. The glossy black front makes video stand out better and the device is lighter. However, looks like they dropped the premium headphones the 80 came with for the standard ones ( shouldn't be an issue for most head-fi'ers
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back