Anyone have the Sony A818 Bluetooth transmitter?
Apr 8, 2008 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

silverknit3

100+ Head-Fier
I want to get this but i want to know a few things before i blow 70 bucks on it. Does it supply you with a bluetooth menu when you pop it on? Can i send pictures and songs from phones to my mp3? Anyone have pictures? Thanks guys.

Apr 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 8
If it works the same way as the Bluetooth in the A829 (which I'd guess it does), you can't transfer anything with it. It's only for "broadcasting" music to Bluetooth-enabled devices (earphones, stereo receivers, etc). That makes it pretty useless to me. If I could transfer music wirelessly it wouldn't been great, but now it seems pointless. Adding to the crappiness of it all is the fact that the sound quality gets severely degraded when you listen via Bluetooth.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then again, BT 2.0 is slower then usb 1.1, i think its around 700-800KB/sec, meaning its usless for large scale data transfers,

That's true, but for just transfering a few songs from your computer it would be nice to be able to do it wirelessly, instead of having to plug it into the USB port, dealing with cables and stuff for so little.

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 8
so on the mp3 player does a bluetooth menu appear? im kinda regretting not waiting the extra 6 months for bluetooth ebcause nothign would make me happier than to get rid of wires. if anyone has ANY pictures of it please, post them up :] i tred to find a review online but i got nothing.

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so on the mp3 player does a bluetooth menu appear? im kinda regretting not waiting the extra 6 months for bluetooth ebcause nothign would make me happier than to get rid of wires. if anyone has ANY pictures of it please, post them up :] i tred to find a review online but i got nothing.

I'd say that on the A818 there's probably no BT menu when you connect the BT transmitter. I can't say this for sure though, but my guess is that the BT just automatically kicks in instead of the headphone jack. Then there's probably a synch button on the BT thing itself (for synching to BT headphones and other stuff).

I'm personally happy to deal with some wires as long as it gives me supierior SQ (which so far it does). Until BT can broadcast my music without any quality degradation, I won't be getting on that train. But, to each his own, I guess...

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 8
your right. i guess ill wait till newer versions of BT appear. maybe video streaming is possible. who knows? well maybe future versions will have more features. for now ill sticck to my good ole wires. but still if anyone has pictures please post them :]

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadHazard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's true, but for just transfering a few songs from your computer it would be nice to be able to do it wirelessly, instead of having to plug it into the USB port, dealing with cables and stuff for so little.

It would take forever though. Also it would suck the life out of the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back