Anyone have the Rio Nitrus yet?
Oct 26, 2003 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rizumu

Thinks I like him.
So I needed something to do while studying and ventured over to IGN Gear where I read the review of the Rio Nitrus. It reputedly has an underpowered headphone out. Has this been anyone else's experience? That would really be the kicker for me since I need something that would drive the Etymotic ER-4S.

Otherwise the player sounds like it's awesome. I just found it has Ogg support which rules. I know I keep bouncing around from considering the Ipod to the iHP-120 to others, but the Nitrus seems like the ultimate compromise between portability and file capacity (not to mention cheaper than the other HD players). I really don't need something with a bajillion features. The Nitrus seems like it will be a total ease to carry around, I just want to make sure it has enough "oomph" to make the Ety's not sound like crap (which my PCDP does quite well - I swear, Ety's sound downright horrible out of it).

smily_headphones1.gif

So if you have any experience with the player, please post!

Oct 27, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 3
Why don't you send me your Ety's and I'll let you know if it sounds fine or not?
biggrin.gif

I haven't tried higher impendance headphones. I just use EX70 and V6 for portables and they sound find. The EX70 being more sensitive gets louder than I could want. V6 is just passable.

Where did you read Nitrus has OGG support. I don't think it does.

Oct 27, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 3
How about you just send me your Nitrus?
tongue.gif

I think I was hoping for too much and misinterpreted a part of the IGN review.
frown.gif
No Ogg I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back