Anyone have the new Sennheiser HD 2 series headphones?
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

swaffleman

100+ Head-Fier
I noticed that Sennheiser has some new small portables out. The HD 2.10, 2.20, and 2.30.

Has anyone had a chance to listen to these? I want to know how they compare to the PX 100 and 200 II's. I own both PX models and really like them, but one thing I wish the PX 200 II's had a little more of was just a smidge more bass. But they sound great and are very comfy. I prefer a more neutral sound to a bass heavy one, but maybe a little bass emphasis isn't so bad.

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 5
The designs aren't that hot to me. I know one of the slightly bigger ones HD4.XX has some cracking issues. The one that has replaceable cable(HD2.30) is 2.5mm on one end and has some locking mechanism which may hinder using other cables. Known to have smallish soundstages esp the smallest model 2.10.

Conflicting reviews outside of the HD2.10(skip these) on whether the 2.20 or 2.30 is the better one. 2.10 is really bassy, the other two are bassy but either a bit less due to being a bit more open and letting the bass breathe better and/or the added treble balances it out more. Mids seem to have issue but not in agreement of which has the better mids 2.20 or 2.30. Or which has the better treble:)

I think they are a bigger risk so get one of the cheap Amazon if they have them. I was thinking of getting an HD2.20 off there for low $20's with the shipping but I'll probably get an ATH-AR3 Used - Like New for $40-ish instead.

Interesting read...https://audio46.com/sennheiser-hd-2-10-vs-hd-2-20-vs-hd-2-30-comparison-review/
...but again doesn't agree with some others reviews in the treble being the best part or the bass being less than the 2.30 part or the mids part.

Again, 2.20 may be the best value and possibly the best chance for closest to the right bass amount for ya!

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Heard 2.20 in a store. Very impressive in terms of clarity. Shame 2.10 don't sound identical - they are 30% cheaper. I thought the cups were supposed to be the same with different headband and microphone justifying price difference.

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Update. Bought HD 2.10 and they are AWESOME! Worth every penny (mine cost me $25).
Brilliant macrodynamics, abundant highs yet not fatiguing, multigenre affinity. I see completely no weak spots other than being on-ear.
5 stars out of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back