Anyone Have Ray Samuels XP-7
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you may be suprised with the apogee headphone out, it is quite good and I'm not sure that the xp-7 will yeild enough of an improvement to be worth the cost. If you do get one try listening to both to see if you see enough of an improvement to support the added component and cost.

I do think the Duet's headphone amp is great with my current headphone inventory. I haven't received my new Grado SR-225s yet, but they'll be here any day. What I'm really looking for is an amp to use with the Duet to drive the Grado SR-225 and Etymotic ER-4S specifically.

I know it's not fair for me to assume at this point that the Grados won't pair well with the Duet, but I certainly have been happier with my ER-4S driven by my Hornet--which I just sold to fund another amp.

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #17 of 18
The sr71 works very well with both in my experience.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking of getting this amp and using it as a portable. I'm also thinking about pairing it with the Apogee Duet which would be used as the DAC. Anyone own it or have experience with it? Any thoughts about this configuration? Thanks.

I already have the Duet, and have ordered an XP-7. I don't know if anyone else has this combination, but I'll be sure to write about my impressions once I receive the XP-7 (which could be 3-4 weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back