Anyone have info on the new Musical Fidelity DAC?
Jun 18, 2004 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

psychogentoo

100+ Head-Fier
I just got off of the phone with a local shop in searching for a new CD player and we got to discussing DACs. The sales person told me that the Musical Fidelity rep stopped by not to long ago and told him about a new DAC (same form factor as the X-Can v3). Not much details on it other than its gonna use valves and it would be a good solution for using with Airport Express and it'll be out some time this summer.

Does anyone have any more info on this?

Jun 18, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychogentoo
I just got off of the phone with a local shop in searching for a new CD player and we got to discussing DACs. The sales person told me that the Musical Fidelity rep stopped by not to long ago and told him about a new DAC (same form factor as the X-Can v3). Not much details on it other than its gonna use valves and it would be a good solution for using with Airport Express and it'll be out some time this summer.

Does anyone have any more info on this?

Did he mention anything about price range? Sounds like this will be an affordable DAC. Let us know if you hear any more about it.

Jun 19, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Did he mention anything about price range? Sounds like this will be an affordable DAC. Let us know if you hear any more about it.

Little more info. The DAC is going to be around $1000 part of the X series.

Jun 19, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Well, considering everything else currently in the X-series of components is "V3", I'm thinking...X-DACv3? (Does a search.) Not finding anything.

Jun 19, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Is this the DAC that you're thinking of? Note that the price on the link is in Australian dollars.

http://www.lenwallisaudio.com/produc...ls.php?pid=617

This is an old model.(before the trivista dac) It was out the same time the Nuvista was. I think it is the same dac thats in the Nuvista, and is a very nice DAC. You can get them on the used market for 7-8 hundred dollars now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back