Anyone Have Expierience Between Livewires, Hearyourself and Westone 3's
Jan 10, 2009 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Mpd224

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone has expierience between the Livewires, HY C2's or C3's and the Westone 3's that may be able to give a comparison between the 3 as in SQ. Are they all too clse to call or would one be better than the other?

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 15
I have no knowledge to compare between(I only have the Hearyourself C3), but I suggest you rule out livewires. Judging from others' recent experiences, your wait time may be upwards of 2 months.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 15
If you look at livewires order and forget and pray that they come before spring comes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 15
However, I can attest to the quality of hearyourself' product. It is excellently made, and very fun to listen to. The C3 is heavy on the bass, so if you don't like a lot of bass I recommend the C2.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 15
If rumor is correct, the Freq Show were made by Hearyourself, so you could look at my public profile for the link to my Livewires vs Freq Show review. I prefer the Livewires, but finally found an amp that makes the Freq Show sound good too (Practical Devices XM5).

As for the Livewires vs W3, the Livewires are much more sensitive and a little brighter and airier, without the impact and presence of the W3 in the bass (although they still have nice bass). They are both good, but for different reasons. I would not give up either.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 15
Now that Freq's is considered DOA The two choices you have under 500.00 are hearyourself or Livewires. I Have the HY C-3's and I agree with Graj. I was going to get some livewires just to compare for myself but then Hockey got sucked into the black hole of Livewires and time and space and quazi string theory for about 2 months and there was no way I was going to go there. The Livewires are highly regarded by many but you are limted in color, # of drivers, Cables, and Custom Artwork so if those extras are important to you there only one choice south of 500.00 and that's Hearyourself.com Alienears.com. Your best bet for ground level customs

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 15
I appreciate the heads up on the Livewires. If you had to choose between the C3's or the W3's, which would it be. Would they be comparable in SQ or would one have the edge over the other? The C3's would be about $130 cheaper than the W3's because if I got the W3's I would want to add the UM56 ear tip. I would like to spend less money but I am willing to pay for the W3's if the SQ isthat much better than the C3's. Thanks again guys, just trying not to stress out while making my decision.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 15
Thanks hockeyb. I don't have enough knowledge or expierience with these IEM's and that's why I was wanting everyones opinion between these two. Also, I don't know if this is going to matter but neither of these will have an amp and will be powered off of an IPod Touch 2g. I thought about adding an amp later on but something small like the fiio E5

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 15
I don't rememebr if it was Headphoneaddict or Eyemeye , but one of those two did an HY C-3 to W3 comparison for me in the Hearyouself.com thread. and they favored the W-3's slightly over the HY's.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/

You'll have to do a search within the thread because i can't remember what page it's on ( about 3/4 of the way through)

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpd224 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks hockeyb. I don't have enough knowledge or expierience with these IEM's and that's why I was wanting everyones opinion between these two. Also, I don't know if this is going to matter but neither of these will have an amp and will be powered off of an IPod Touch 2g. I thought about adding an amp later on but something small like the fiio E5

You won't have to amp with either of these IEM's in fact most listeners suggest that you use an in-line attenuater to add ohms. especially if you will amp. I don't really like the E-5 except for the cheap price. My favorite amp for on the go is the Travagans Colors super small, Rechargeabel, and excelent SQ. I run from my shuffle to my travagans through a 50 ohm attenuater ( Came with my UE SF5p's) and then through a Shure PTH
"Push To Hear" device so I don't have to pull out my customs every time a want to talk to someone. again Super small and just clips onto my lapel,

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't rememebr if it was Headphoneaddict or Eyemeye , but one of those two did an HY C-3 to W3 comparison for me in the Hearyouself.com thread. and they favored the W-3's slightly over the HY's.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/

You'll have to do a search within the thread because i can't remember what page it's on ( about 3/4 of the way through)

EyeAmeye has posted a comparison between Westone 3 vs. C3 in the post #958:

Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread - Page 64 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no knowledge to compare between(I only have the Hearyourself C3), but I suggest you rule out livewires. Judging from others' recent experiences, your wait time may be upwards of 2 months.

Hi there, wondering what you think of the C3's, as i have heard they are quite bass heavy, and what is the overall quality? My first time into moulds, so dont mind the gamble, on either C3's or to have alien ears remould my shure E5's to customs. Jerry Harvey has suggested JH7 pro are the best for mixing audio, but these will have to wait till next year.

cheers

Sy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back