Anyone have experiences with both the Shure SRH750 DJ and Sennheiser HD 215?
May 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Angsthyrkh

New Head-Fier
'Sup everyone,

1st off, I'm terribly sorry if I posted this onto the wrong forum. It's my 1st time here, so cut me some slack, pretty please.

So, I've had a pair of Shure SRH750DJ's for ~1 year now, and have been very happy with them. However, the band has gotten slightly cracked (no, I can't repair it, it doesn't feel the same and it bothers me) so that the other cup won't settle onto my ear as firmly as the other one, causing a problem in volume balance and tone.

So, I'm getting new headphones - a good time to try out something new, I'm thinking. I kind of have my eye on the Sennheiser HD215 atm - it's gotten quite positive reviews, the spec seems legit, it's affordable, and apparently has a very good bang-for-buck ratio.

So, does anyone have experiences with both of these headphones? How do they compare? Is there something else you might recommend? The Shure SRH240 seems to also be amongst the best ones in this price range.

If you want to recommend me something else, then you should know I want my 'phones to be:
- Comfortable (I wear them hours at a time)
- Durable / overall reliable (duh)
- Versatile - I sometimes use them while listening to music on my iPhone, sometimes on my computer, sometimes with my audio system (at night or if I just want it to be really loud) for music or movies, occasionally while DJ'ing... quite a lot of use for them. Music is the main one, though. I rarely have to do anything like studio mixing or other "serious" stuff with them, so tone-wise they don't need to have a dead straight frequency response, either.
- Price is really not an issue - as long as we stay sub-300€ (~$400 US). However, if it's affordable (~max 150€), I can get them right away. Otherwise I'll have to make do without them for a coule of weeks.
- Good looking. I'm not buying them in order to look cool, but I do wear them at almost all times when I'm out, so I don't want them to look silly.
- Replaceable cable. I've never had a pair of headphones that have made it for over 2 years without the cable or the plug getting broken, so yeah.

I'd really appreciate any input on the matter, as I really don't know a whole lot about headphones - only that my world seems wrong if I don't have ones that I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back