Anyone have any experience with hifitrader.com?
Jun 8, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 6
I actually bought a number of Phase Technology speakers through them: (1) PC 3.1 and (4) PC 6.1S both directly through their website (Default PLESK Page - which no longer seems to be up) as well as through E-bay (they are currently active under seller name "hifitrader_com"). I got a great price on everything (paid less than 60% of list in all cases) and received prompt service and shipping. Contacting them to ask their advice is a waste of time though. They make their money by moving bulk, not be chatting on the phone and one of the guys running the show is a bit rude. But if you know exactly what you want, and they have it in stock, absolutely go for it. And if they don't have it in stock, you'll probably get a new one direct from the manufacturer (as I did with the PC 3.1).

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Hey malldian, I happened across this page and jin's questions while searching for hifitrader on-line because I intend to give them repeat business.

I wasn't a member at this site prior to that time but took the effort to sign up, and respond to the person's question since I obviously had information on the company and no-one else had managed to pull their fingers out of their clamholes to do so in the past 4 months.

Nibiyabi's right, it wasn't a glowing review. But it's a legit company.

Now go and listen to your "reference" cds on your Best Buy-bought Polk speakers and leave the rest of us alone in our search for real quality equipment at good prices.

BTW, I don't care if this gets me kicked off. I wasn't planning on ever posting here again anyway.

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Welcome to Head-fi! Sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back