Anyone have a sidebyside pic of an iPod and H120?
Aug 23, 2005 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skybl4ck

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, just looking to see the size difference between these two players
lambda.gif
please take a picture and post for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by skybl4ck
Hi, just looking to see the size difference between these two players
lambda.gif
please take a picture and post for me
smily_headphones1.gif

honestly, even tho the H120 is bigger, id pick it over the ipod anyday.

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 7
If you have any ears, stay far away from the iPod Color models of any kind. Due to a manufacturing "defect" that allows the headphone jack to output both image and sound, the sound quality (especially on pianos, it WRECKS piano music) is absolutely shot. For more information, check here:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread...5&pagenumber=1

While some of the posters don't know jack about audio, you'll find links within that page that will send you to more reputable sources. My own opinions are listed on the last few pages, with my own tests of the iPod headphone out.

Aug 25, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #7 of 7
I took the plunge and got a iHP140 a couple of months ago. The most surprising thing was the size and looks. It is much smaller than I had thought (about the size of an iPod but thicker). And it's no slouch in the looks department. Based on photos I had seen, I was expecting an ugly brick.

As for preference between the iPod and H140, I like the iPod. I love the iPod's interface and simplicity, and I'm not much of a fan of iRiver's player interface. If it wasn't for the optical output, I wouldn't have bought my iHP140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back