Anyone has the new Incubus CD???
Nov 5, 2001 at 9:04 PM Post #16 of 26
I hope Incubus doesn't keep getting softer tho.....

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 26
???Jon? Bach is classical, Incubus is Rock/Alternative/Metal, comparing them is like comparing.......Grados and Beyerdynamic.

And of course, Incubus would be Grados
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2001 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 26
Odin- I put the smiley there to indicate that my statement wasn't to be taken seriously. Since I hold a huge preference towards classical, it was horribly biased and unfair on purpose. It was a purely facetious statement.
biggrin.gif

Let it be hereby known that I like Incubus.

Nov 6, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 26
You guys communicate SO well......

Nov 7, 2001 at 2:28 PM Post #24 of 26
Got Morning View and absolutely love it! I've every Incubus album since Enjoy Incubus and think this is definitely the softest of them all. However thats certainly not a bad thing because its completely different to the soft parts on Make Yourself which I wasn't too keen on.

Overall a great album thats definitely more alternative/hard rock. I'm pretty sure this'll break them into the mainstream over here in the UK. A must for any Incubus fan!!!

Nov 7, 2001 at 8:19 PM Post #25 of 26
First of all, I *think* there was a band, sorta like Metallica, that was called Incubus back in the 80s...not sure tho....

Eeks.....I didn't like Morning one little bit. I heard my friend's copy yesterday - and, to say the least, I was terribly disappointed.

I mean, where's the edge? I like Sting as, even if his music is LIGHT, it has a sort of bite at times (the good stuff- read as: Soul Cages).

Morning View, OTH, did NOT have that edge....except for a few songs I REALLY liked (Under My Umbrella, Blood On The Ground).

I must say tho, I wouldn't mind a light album like this that had the creativity of Aqueous Transmission (sp.?) - that was a DIFFERENT song.......and different is good.

Hope Incubus doesn't start poppy-fying themselves....

Nov 8, 2001 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 26
...Louisiana death metal band by the same name back in 90s. did an album on Nuclear Blast sometime in 91/92. now forced to change their name to Opprobrium.

and coolvij is right, there was another NWOBHM band called Incubus. as well as an Australian thrash band of the same name. (think these are now defunct)

granted that the Louisiana Incubus didn't trademark the name, but it still doesn't seem right for the current Incubus to just take the name of a still-existing band for free. especially when they have all that major-label clout and could at least have dropped some compensation if they wanted it so badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back