Anyone has the new Incubus CD???
Oct 25, 2001 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Odin

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I don't have it yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna go get it within this week. But I just kinda want a synopsis of it, and also I wanna know that how actually likes them in this forum coz I feel so alone when it comes to music in here
frown.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

Oct 25, 2001 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 26
Incubus aint bad....I don't really LIKE them, per se, but they have a very unique style, and Brandon's voice is even more different than the band's sound.

I have a copy of Make Yourself, from a friend - a will be getting another copy, Morning View, ASAP........

I'd prolly never BUY their CDs tho......I'm too cheap. I mean - jazz? Yes. "different" rock? well....ok.....but not for money!

biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 26
I like them, lots of other people around here like them. I'm gonna buy there new cd this weekend hopefully. I only really liked Make Yourself and **** what was that other one? The other good one. You know which one it was.

Oct 26, 2001 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 26
S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2001 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 26
I think Incubus is very cool, although I only own "Make Yourself", none of their older stuff.
Anyone here like Linkin Park? Cuz I LOVE them, and they're gonna be comin to Vancouver, BC, Canada, on Nov. 18th at the Orpheum Theatre, and since my birthday is on the 12th, I'm probably gonna go there as part of my b-day gift, it's only $35 CDN.
(Hey Odin, you should go if you like em, since you live pretty close. Tickets are probably gonna be sold out soon so I'm gonna try and get some on Sat'day the 27th of October. The only thin is that lots of people from my school are going, and I wanna sit with my friends so we might get crappy seats - crossing fingers)

I also feel ***very*** out of place in this forum when it comes to musical taste. I often wonder if the recommendations of certain headphones just might not be exactly right for my kinds of music, mainly rock, rap, and a little r&b.

Oct 27, 2001 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 26
Coolvij got it right, the other good album is science. I actually have fungus among us too but it's just not the same as the others. It's kind of cool to listen to as background music but it doesn' have the same energy as the other cd's.
Ya I like Linkin Park too.

Oct 28, 2001 at 8:36 AM Post #9 of 26
(Sob.....Sob) I cannot be any happier then this....someone LIKES INCUBUS[B/] Not only that, but I finally found someone who LIVES IN VANCOUVER!!!!!![B/] sapphiremodena, hope I can still get the tickets, and thanks for passing me this info, I like Linkin Park, like them enough for me to go to their concert and buy their CD. Since I'm so excited now, I'm not gonna let it stop!!
smily_headphones1.gif
My favourite bands are Incubus, Our Lady Peace[B/], Matthew Good Band, Staind, Korn, Puddle of Mudd, the recent Sevendust materials, Slipknot, and Alanis Morissette (if you consider her a band[I/]. Hope there's someone that have similar interest with me
smily_headphones1.gif
And please tell me what you guys like
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2001 at 10:12 AM Post #10 of 26
S.C.I.E.N.C.E is one of their best albums. But's it's pretty heavy. They've changed their style alittle more main stream now.

Oct 29, 2001 at 12:52 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Odin
My favourite bands are Incubus, Our Lady Peace[B/], Matthew Good Band, Staind, Korn, Puddle of Mudd, the recent Sevendust materials, Slipknot, and Alanis Morissette (if you consider her a band[I/]. Hope there's someone that have similar interest with me
smily_headphones1.gif
And please tell me what you guys like
wink.gif

I LOOOOOVE Matthew Good Band!!!!! Probably my favourite or at least in the top 3 of all artists/bands. Can't wait 'til Oct 30th, I'm gonna go to A&B Sound right after school and get "the Audio of Being"!!!!!
Our Lady Peace has always been great and Incubus is very good, I've only heard 'Make Yourself' though. Staind is ok, one of their songs, I don't remember the name, is very good. Haven't heard much Korn, but I have always loved 'Got The Life'.

My favourite bands and artists are:
Matthew Good Band, Linkin Park, 2pac, Ja Rule, Incubus, Dave Matthews Band, John Reuben, K2S (the last two bands are christian rap - it's pretty damn good stuff!), Xzibit, The Watchmen (I love their new song 'Absolutely Anytime', Tinfed, Outkast, Blink 182, Diffuser, D'Angelo, Foo Fighters, Enigma, David Gray, Jinusean (korean rap), Default, etc etc etc....

I guess my interests are basically rock/rap/r&b/relaxing music

Oct 29, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #12 of 26
Oh, and just to point out, if you want to bold a word, the bracket goes before the 'b' rather than after, or you can just press the "B" button above where you type, then type in the word that you want to be bold.

Nov 1, 2001 at 7:53 AM Post #13 of 26
Guess what?!!! I bought Mornign View!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Well if was actually something happened on Sunday night. For those people who likes SCIENCE, you might not like this album very much, they have shifted from Metal, to Alternative-Metal (that's what I like to call Make Yourself), to Alternative, which is actually main-stream rock. Not that it's bad, I still love the album, it's still got the melodish, innovative, scarcastic, humourious sound and lyrics for it.
The songs are often referring to a person, which is "you", and I often wonder who this "you" person Brandon's talking about. In the last album there was a song "Clean" and one of the line was you could never offend your dirty words come out clean, and in this album they did it. These guys are too gentle to swear, but they know how to insult you: You are a finger nail running down the chalkboard I thought I left in third grade , not enough? How'bout Something inside me had said more then twice, that breathing less air beats breathing you in. That explains why I want to know who "you" is, that is being dissed by these guys over and over again. I was literally laughing the whole time. "Blood on the Ground" is one of the harder materials found in this album, also one of my personal favourites. My laughter stopped when it reaches "Mexico", the ballad in this album, followed by "Warning", which is one of the inspiring songs. I love this album generally, this is one great album, not as good as Make Yourself and SCIENCE IMO, but I'd say the band had spent more effort into the songs, you can actually hear that Brandon has his heart in the vocals. The band is showing even more of their talents in this album, although it doesn't have an instrumental piece like Make Yourself, but every instrument blends perfectly, especially in "Aqueous Transmission". I never knew how the turntable and those chinese instruments (I have no idea what they're called, those flutes and string instruments) sound this good when combined. Although the CD's 58.22 minutes, it's still one of those albums that you feel it's not enough, I hope that they're going to release their un-released songs. Then I cannot be happier
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2001 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 26
Cool, Odin - I've been meaning to get Morning View ASAP - but haven't been sure whether I'll like it.......I think I will...
biggrin.gif

Thanx.

And.......don't be alone.

Also - a reason why a lot of these bands are relatively unknown to other forum dwellers is that they are generally above 40.

I'm sure there are 40+ peeps who love incubus out there.

It's just......there are MORE who have no idea who they are
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 4:37 AM Post #15 of 26
Morning View is not mainstream overall. Sure it's softer, sure parts of it are "pop", but there's some real musical talent there as well.

Incubus can't hold a candle to Bach, but...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back