Anyone has experience with the Pioneer SX-828?
Jan 11, 2006 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jvbb2005

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone has experience with the Pioneer SX-828? How does the headphone section compare to ,say, a MG head or any headphone amp that cost under USD200? And what kind of sound signature shouId I expect? Warm? netural?
There are quite a few for sales on ebay for less than USD50. So, I thought to myself there is no harm in buying one to toy around.
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
What do you fellas think?

pioSX828.jpg

pioSX828r.jpg

pioSX828t.jpg

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 5
That one might not be a bad buy. It looks like someone serviced it recently. All the lights are working. It's clean. The wood ain't messed up. You won't really know till you hear it, but if you get that one for less than what I payed for mine, I'm gonna be pretty jealous.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Jan 12, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I have one sitting right next to me
biggrin.gif

The headphone out is actually pretty good...from what I can tell. What I mean is, it sounds very powerful and punchy but still warm, but mine is dirty I think so I get a little buzz and hum. My unit does need a check-up as some of the knobs keep falling off and the volume knob has some dust or something in it so it crackles when I turn it.

I think if you can get yours for that cheap it is a very good buy, seeing as it was a $450 reciever back in the day. Hopefully you won't pay as much in shipping as you do for the reciever
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back