Anyone has experience with hugo boss eyeglassed frame
Mar 5, 2009 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alxwang

100+ Head-Fier
I never has this brand before. It looks nice but I am not sure about the quality about this frame.
I know oakley is pretty good but the hugo looks really sharp.

Any hint/suggestion?

Thanks.

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 7
Since you're in canada, take a read through this thread on red flag deals, lots of useful information in there, and all from someone with experience in the industry.

Ask me anything about eyeglasses and the industry - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I recently got some new glasses to replace a pair that was pushing 5 years, and I went with some timex titanium frames (plain Ti, not an alloy). They weren't too expensive, $150, but I care more about optics than a name brand frame, my numbers are quite high and I need high index lenses to keep them thin. If you have minimal correction, then sure, get the designer frames, but otherwise, spend your money on higher index and optically superior lenses (i.e. Essilor instead of Hoya or similar).

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you're in canada, take a read through this thread on red flag deals, lots of useful information in there, and all from someone with experience in the industry.

Ask me anything about eyeglasses and the industry - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I recently got some new glasses to replace a pair that was pushing 5 years, and I went with some timex titanium frames (plain Ti, not an alloy). They weren't too expensive, $150, but I care more about optics than a name brand frame, my numbers are quite high and I need high index lenses to keep them thin. If you have minimal correction, then sure, get the designer frames, but otherwise, spend your money on higher index and optically superior lenses (i.e. Essilor instead of Hoya or similar).

Thanks a lot for the info. My number is not that bad so... but my problem is I kind of have a big head
triportsad.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 7
If you plan to buy from internet, I recommend actually going to try that exact same model before you try it - weight distribution might be off, bridge may be too small, etc.

I generally avoid half-frames because I'm somewhat careless and that often leads to several chips on the bottom of the lens.

I have a pair of Starck Alux and they've served me pretty well:
2375191369_2c02c789eb.jpg

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you plan to buy from internet, I recommend actually going to try that exact same model before you try it - weight distribution might be off, bridge may be too small, etc.

I generally avoid half-frames because I'm somewhat careless and that often leads to several chips on the bottom of the lens.

I have a pair of Starck Alux and they've served me pretty well:
2375191369_2c02c789eb.jpg

Dude, Starck Alux, I really do not have that kind of cash for a glass.
Anyway I am going to order it from local shop.
Thanks for info though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back