Anyone has experience of using ACS Custom Earphone Sleeves in UK?
Jan 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
While trying to locate places to get UM56 in UK, I found ACS Custom Earphone Sleeves for £88 and they fit it to any earphone it seems. Seems to be a bargain.
Any experiences?
Where can you get UK56 in UK?

sleeve2.jpg

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 40
Just e-mailed them and got a very quick reply. It takes weeks to make them and £88. If you want a specific colour additional £10. I am going to order one for my W3.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 40
And they make a gel impression for £20, which is useful.
I will post later when I get them.
BTW My triple flanges had mellowed very much after some overnight bodybutter treatment.

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 40
I think so. I will ask that when I call them. I am planning to visit them as they are not very far. I am enjoying my annual leave so its always good to go somewhere. Of course listening to music on the way.

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they say whether the price includes the first impression done by their network of audiologists?

Hi Price is inclusive, if you go to David Ormerod in Boots. The details are in their web site.
normal_smile .gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 40
Good news to see that there someone doing custom sleeves here in the uk
biggrin.gif

My only concern with those ones though is the IEM 'plugging in' to the mould? How secure would that be? How would it grip the IEM from falling out?

Obviously if the driver is built into the mould that's a different story.

If you could get a set of moould for anything, I'd be tempted for £88 then I'd be interested if that's the cost start to finish - Getting the moulds taken by a pro aswell etc

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 40
There's a David Ormerod in Boots about 5mins walk from where I walk - I'll try and pop in at lunchtime, find out what the deal is
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a David Ormerod in Boots about 5mins walk from where I walk - I'll try and pop in at lunchtime, find out what the deal is
biggrin.gif

Cool! let me know before I go there. I was planning to go tomorrow.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #11 of 40
Just took a walk in and the room was buried at the back of the Opticians in boots. I couldn't get to speak to the lady as she was fully booked untill the end of eternity, so I've left her my mobile number to give me a call.
Sounds like it's difficult to get an appointment in the is one (Bham city centre).

I'd just like to see a few of the moulds etc

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #12 of 40
blank.png

sleeve1.jpg

Quote:

My only concern with those ones though is the IEM 'plugging in' to the mould? How secure would that be? How would it grip the IEM from falling out?

This is the e-mail response, I first received.

Quote:

Hi Mahesh,

Our RRP for a set of custom sleeves is £88 per pair. The impression taking takes about 10 minutes and it takes about 2 weeks to manufacture them. We have a jig for the sennheiser IE8, but we don't have one for the Westone 3, so we would need you to leave the earphones with us.

So it gave me the impression that they fit it to the IEM well.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #13 of 40
Thanks for the pics kaushama.
I'm still wondering how the IEM stays in if that mould is hard/smooth?

I'd be interested in getting moulds for my E530's or potentially the IE8 when they arrive so I guess I'd be alright for those as they already have the jig
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 40
Had some impressions made late December, had some delays due to the bad weather in the UK and finally got them this week.

Had them made for my SE530's in black.

Huge improvement in comfort and audio quality compared to the Shure olives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back