Anyone had problems using iPhone and SE530s?
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JimBob1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been using either my TF10 pros or E500s with my iPhone.

Recently the left channel went on the Shures, so I sent them back and Shure replaced them (Thanks Kelli!).

Anyway, the replacement set died today - this time the right ear-. now, I wondering whether there is some problem between the two , or whether I've been doing something daft! They don't die mid play. It is when I first put them on. I've checked the cables, and there is nothing doing there.

Potential causes:-

1) I was using the UE attenuator with the Shures and I noticed that the right channel would intermittently drop out. As soon as I removed the attenuator the channel came back fine. So I thought the attenuator was dodgy. However, the same channel is permanently down now, with or without it.

2) I shower every morning, and wear my phones about 10 mins after. Having said that, I've done the same with two different UE sets, as well as Shure E4s with no ill effect

3) Maybe there is a problem with my iPhone (although no other headsets are affected). Would the Shure iPhone adapter help?

Anyone else had this, or able to suggest causes/solutions? Thankfully Shure are going to replace them again, but I don't want this to happen again.

Cheers!

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, I know there is a filter in the Shure's, but I doubt if it can filter out humidity. I think that's the cause of your problem. You might wanna try waiting atleast 30 minutes before using IEMs after you take a shower.

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Bonthouse,

Yes, you may be right, but I've used all 4 types of IEMs and the Shures are the first to fail. Plus I used the Shures for many,many months without problem, then have 2 fails in 2 weeks.

However, I'll make sure I wait a bit longer after showering!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Perhaps the crossfeed in the SE530 isn't very well isolated, and due to the humidity build-up it shorted?
Try cleaning your ears after showering with some Q-tips to remove some earwax and water left inside your earcanal
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back