Anyone Had Experiences with Refurbed iPods?
Sep 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Inkmo

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wondering. Since I want to be able to play OGGs, getting a refurbed 5.5 and rockboxing it is seeming like one of the more cost effective strategies.

The other two best ideas are the iAudio X5 60GB (a little outdated, hard to find), and the iAudio A3 (still a little pricey. I don't really need a PMP either)...

hmm.. I wonder if there are any Rio Karmas that, like, still work.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 31
Why not buy a D2 or a Meizu miniPlayer? The Meizu is an incredible little DAP with outstanding sound quality and functionality. It also has a 10 or 11 band EQ...I don't currently have one with me to count the bands but it is many more than most other DAPs.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 31
I'd go w/the D2 and get the 16gb model + a nice sdhc card. The battery life will be way above the 5.5g, and the SQ will be FANTASTIC, all WITHOUT RockBoxing the player.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 31
Don't forget iriver. The E10 is their player with the highest output effect, and it sounds awesome. The screen isn't great, but I love for it's sound and solid build quality.

Right now I'm using my Clix2 though.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 31
As to the refurb question, apple refurbs are "as new" with full Apple warranty. Recently got 3rd gen Nano for wife & its mint condition.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As to the refurb question, apple refurbs are "as new" with full Apple warranty. Recently got 3rd gen Nano for wife & its mint condition.

Where from? The one I received from Buy.com...they got them directly from Apple...was scared and dented. It is a 3G Nano. I have some pics from the day I received it:

I'll put them up in a while. The page load at this truckstop is slow.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 31
Then check out the D2 w/sd card, or order a refurb directly from Apple so you can get the warrenty. Otherwise, you can't get it on a reseller-bought iPod.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 31
Here's the pics of an "As new" refurbished Nano:

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1194.jpg

DSCF1201.jpg

DSCF1195.jpg
DSCF1196.jpg

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THey have a full warranty? I would definitely no bother with their brand new products then. Most people just keep buying new iPod's long before their old ones die.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #12 of 31
That refurb ipod nano doesn't look so great, but I have a 5G video ipod that came perfect and still works great. I kind of wish it didn't, cause I'd like to get a new one, but can't justify buying a new ipod when I have one that is still functioning perfectly.

If mine had shown up looking at the earlier pics, I think I would have sent it back or shown it to someone at an apple store. The back wouldn't bother me, but they should have put a new screen on that one.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by trip221 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That refurb ipod nano doesn't look so great, but I have a 5G video ipod that came perfect and still works great. I kind of wish it didn't, cause I'd like to get a new one, but can't justify buying a new ipod when I have one that is still functioning perfectly.

If mine had shown up looking at the earlier pics, I think I would have sent it back or shown it to someone at an apple store. The back wouldn't bother me, but they should have put a new screen on that one.

I called Buy.com CS, they shoved me off to Apple because the item came from Apple. I called Apple CS, they shoved me back to Buy.com because it was bought through Buy.com. Neither company would take responsibility for it and they wouldn't issue an RMA because it worked fine.

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #15 of 31
The 2 I bought in the last 4 years have been mint. They must have sold you a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back