anyone had custom iem's for over 4 years?
Jan 30, 2006 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jonnywolfet

Headphoneus Supremus
apparently the shape uf your ear changes every 4 years, does anyone have the same pair of custom iem's as they did 4 years ago? has the fit changed?

just curious, i remember my granfather gettin new hearing-aids a while ago, coz the custom moulds didnt fit anymore...

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 5
wasn't there some thing that said iems generally only last around 3 yrs with vigorous use?

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
apparently the shape uf your ear changes every 4 years, does anyone have the same pair of custom iem's as they did 4 years ago? has the fit changed?

just curious, i remember my granfather gettin new hearing-aids a while ago, coz the custom moulds didnt fit anymore...

in 3 years I will want different IEMs.. I had mine for about a year now.

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
wasn't there some thing that said iems generally only last around 3 yrs with vigorous use?

So they say, but I've heard of cases where custom IEM's lasted about 7 years and where still ok. I am not the case (yet). It all depends on a number of things.

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Brad Jensen (Ultimate Ears): "Your ears will change with significant weight gain/ weight loss. If they change, the change will be minimal and we can add or remove materials at any given time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back