Anyone going to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest?
Aug 14, 2006 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jimaxp

New Head-Fier
If so, it would be cool to meet an feelow Headfier and maybe take in a couple demos. Also I could use someone to split room cost. I'm registered at the Marriott for 4 nites. Let me know if interested.

Aug 14, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 10
I have been there the last 3 years. Highly recommended!!!
Compared to the New York, or Winter CES in Vegas this show is much, much less crowded so you have a better chance at seating at the "sweet spot" in any given room. You'll get to hear so many systems your ears will be overloaded!! You need all 3 days if you like to critically evaluate gear.
Everything from $700-$250k+ setups
evil_smiley.gif

I am moving out of Denver so sadly I will miss the show this year. Otherwise you can just crash at my place for a few nights during the show weekend. You might try to get some local head-fier to go, and see if they are willing to let you crash at their place if they have room.

Definitely bring your own headphones and music. There are quite a few rooms with headphone amps or mega $$$$ and esoteric preamps that has a headphone out. Stuff that very, very few people have heard otherwise. Mikhail from Singlepower will be there with his stuff too.

If this is your first audio show it will be an absolute eye (ear) opener. If not this will be one of the best show experiences you are likely to have.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 10
yes I'm looking forward to it. I'm already booked at the Marriott where the conference is being held so i don't need a place to crash. Thanks for the offer though. You're a great guy. A group that includes me is starting up a new audio review website so I anticipate many hours of elbow rubbing and buying rounds of drinks, so staying at the hotel works good for me. I don't plan on spending much time in the room at all. So if you know someone who wants to go, have them pm me. And thanks again.

Aug 14, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 10
ahh, i'm moving back to boulder probably around october, so i might make it. i'd surely only go for one day though. take the bus down. my email is bryanbowerATgmail.com

i'd be glad to meet up with other headfi'ers

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 10
My girlfriend and I will be there. Not sure where we are staying yet, but we are going to make the it for sure.

Sep 5, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 10
I'll most likely be there, its a really great show. As someone already said, it's not very crowded, so you definitely have the chance to play your own stuff and get some good listening in almost every room.

Last year was a blast (despite a $400 speeding ticket on I-25 on the way
mad.gif
)

It really opened my eyes (ears) to some shockingly incredible setups!

I dont remember there being much for headphone stuff, but I'll most likely bring some gear anyway.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back