Anyone go to the Foo Fighters Concert? - Vancouver, March 30
Apr 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #2 of 15
How did I miss this thread?

Yes! It was a GONG SHOW!!
I had floor tickets and was amazed to say the least.
Its my 5th time seeing Foo in concert and this was their best show so far IMO.

4 minute drum solo. 3 minute guitar-hero-ish guitar solo, and a triangle solo?!?!

2nd stage falling from the celing was pretty cool as well.

You really need to see them live to appreciate how entertaining they can be
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 15
5 Times? That means you saw the acoustic show? Argggh, I hate you right now! =P Apparently, Norah Jones came out on stage for "Virginia Moon".

Floor looked too hardcore for me, I was up in the first couple rows of the very deceptively named "lower bowl". Stage falling was pretty cool, but the cheaper tickets ended up getting a better view of the band then me after that -_-.

LOL, I nearly **** bricks during the triangle solo. It was both entertaining and ridiculous at the same time. Entertainingly ridiculous?

I've been re-listening to all the tracks they played at the concert and its so much more fun then it used to be, if that's even possible =D

Grohl is quite the entertainer, stirring up the crowd, cracking jokes. All in all, good times. Need to see other live shows...Foo got me hooked on concerts...

Apr 5, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 Times? That means you saw the acoustic show? Argggh, I hate you right now! =P Apparently, Norah Jones came out on stage for "Virginia Moon".

Floor looked too hardcore for me, I was up in the first couple rows of the very deceptively named "lower bowl". Stage falling was pretty cool, but the cheaper tickets ended up getting a better view of the band then me after that -_-.

LOL, I nearly **** bricks during the triangle solo. It was both entertaining and ridiculous at the same time. Entertainingly ridiculous?

I've been re-listening to all the tracks they played at the concert and its so much more fun then it used to be, if that's even possible =D

Grohl is quite the entertainer, stirring up the crowd, cracking jokes. All in all, good times. Need to see other live shows...Foo got me hooked on concerts...

Queens of stone ages always have good shows, If you have any chance - go see eddie vedder (which I had 1st row tickets btw) or Pearl Jam. They're right up there with best performing bands of modern rock (along with red hot chilli peppers, Smashing pumpkins, and Foo.

And yes - I got to see the acoustic show.

Jack Johnson is coming but he's only okay live IMO.

Dave Grohl has such stage presence!

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 15
I was thinking of going to see Queens of the Stone Age, but I don't like the Pumpkins (Corgan's voice isn't my cup of tea =P) I wanted my next concert to be jazz or something along those line, but April 30th is Queens of the Stone Age.

Next time Foo comes to town (next album) I'll be first in line for tickets =D

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

I was thinking of going to see Queens of the Stone Age, but I don't like the Pumpkins (Corgan's voice isn't my cup of tea =P) I wanted my next concert to be jazz or something along those line, but April 30th is Queens of the Stone Age.

Next time Foo comes to town (next album) I'll be first in line for tickets =D

heh. I got free tickets for FF, Eddie Vedder, and Queens, as well as Jack Johnson - all either front row or floors.
I dont think I'll be going to Jack Johnson though, Im not a big fan.

I think there are some tickets left for queens - or has it sold out already?

Apr 6, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 15
Free tickets!?!?!?!? You know a guy who knows a guy, right? =P

I think I'm out of luck for the Queens concert, if there are any left, it'll take some searching. I might end up going to the concert and short changing some scalpers last minute =D

Lol, this thread is just a private conversation...meh, can't expect the small contingent of vancouver head-fiers to all have seen the show.

Apr 6, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Free tickets!?!?!?!? You know a guy who knows a guy, right? =P

I think I'm out of luck for the Queens concert, if there are any left, it'll take some searching. I might end up going to the concert and short changing some scalpers last minute =D

Lol, this thread is just a private conversation...meh, can't expect the small contingent of vancouver head-fiers to all have seen the show.

I get free tickets from my work actually - along with canucks tickets (which I am absolutely mad at) so it's not a bad deal at all

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 15
I didn't catch the Foo in Vancouver, but the wife and I saw them in Nashville this tour. Yep, the triangle solo blew me away. They'll be in Indy soon too, so we might go again. This was our third tour of the Foo Fighters. We missed them in 2000 when they toured with RHCP and the acoustic tour didn't stop anywhere close to us on a workable day of the week so we missed it too.

I did get to see QOTSA open for RHCP in Minneapolis a few years back. Man those guys were LOUD! Made the Peppers seem laid back and quiet. We saw RHCP two years ago in Cincy when Knarls Barkley opened for them. Barkley has an absolutely great show so I'm looking forward to their new album and tour.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #11 of 15
I'm so stoked to see them in seattle in july. it sounds like it should be a sick show.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin3th /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so stoked to see them in seattle in july. it sounds like it should be a sick show.

IT was a GONG show in Vancouver.
I don't recall any bad shows from dave grohl and the crew.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin3th /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think Dave will let his fans down in Seattle!
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #14 of 15
during Vancouver's show, a 2nd stage came down from the ceiling to reveal an all-acoustic set with violins and triangles (!) and keyboards I believe.

I wonder if they're doing same stuff for seattle's show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back