Anyone get their DAC-AH modded by Reference Audio Mods yet?
Oct 8, 2005 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yo2tup2

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone get their DAC-AH modded by Reference Audio Mods yet? I'm looking to hear about the improvements. I'm interested in getting mine modded, but I'm always wearing about purchasing something I haven't demoed.... even more so when there are no reviews posted anywhere. II emailed them about a demo unit, but I was told that the demo unit they had was sold to someone locally after he A/Bed against his Mirror Audio DAC. Hopefully someone here has tried it and can chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yo2tup2
Anyone get their DAC-AH modded by Reference Audio Mods yet? I'm looking to hear about the improvements. I'm interested in getting mine modded, but I'm always wearing about purchasing something I haven't demoed.... even more so when there are no reviews posted anywhere. II emailed them about a demo unit, but I was told that the demo unit they had was sold to someone locally after he A/Bed against his Mirror Audio DAC. Hopefully someone here has tried it and can chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

I have one of the first Audio Mirror Dacs modded by RAM........can't really speak of improvement over stock since one look at the stock digital RCA socket left no doubt there were mods badly needed and I sent immediately to RAM for mods.

I can assure you the RAM mods sound great once installed and price is reasonable when you look at parts list installed. Unfortunately can't give you any subjective level of increase between stock & RAM mods. That is AM Dac in my System 2 photo........

Check out the details/photo of the LeClanche NOS PIO caps these cost $20+ each!

RAM

Oct 8, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I have one of the first Audio Mirror Dacs modded by RAM........can't really speak of improvement over stock since one look at the stock digital RCA socket left no doubt there were mods badly needed and I sent immediately to RAM for mods.

I can assure you the RAM mods sound great once installed and price is reasonable when you look at parts list installed. Unfortunately can't give you any subjective level of increase between stock & RAM mods. That is AM Dac in my System 2 photo........

Check out the details/photo of the LeClanche NOS PIO caps these cost $20+ each!

RAM

Looks like you're using the modded Audio Mirror DAC with the E5 as the transport? How would you compare the two - the modded DAC vs using the E5 on its own? Thanks!

Oct 8, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yo2tup2
Looks like you're using the modded Audio Mirror DAC with the E5 as the transport? How would you compare the two - the modded DAC vs using the E5 on its own? Thanks!

Not yet........
k1000smile.gif

Just got back my extra Stereovox HDXV digital cable from Cryo processing, right now it is getting conditioned on FryKleaner, then it will enter service again.

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Not yet........
k1000smile.gif

Just got back my extra Stereovox HDXV digital cable from Cryo processing, right now it is getting conditioned on FryKleaner, then it will enter service again.

ah, keep us updated
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back