Anyone from the UK willing to help me get a Dell Router? (free IC for your time)
Apr 18, 2007 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smartins

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at Gigabit switches to upgrade the wired installation of my house and saw several recommendations for the Dell Powerconnect 2716. All over Europe it costs almost twice as much as in the US (~€300), but in the UK there's currently a £100 rebate which makes it a much better deal, at around ~€130.

Anyone from the UK willing to help me get this router at the reduced price since they currently only ship to UK addresses?

My idea was to pay for the router and all the other expenses to send it over to Portugal but I'm open to other suggestions if available.

I'll also throw in a free interconnect (1m Rudistor BlueShift K1 or a 0.75m Cosmic Audio "Cinch 2-Leiter Edition", most likely the Cosmic Audio as the BlueShift was lend to a friend) to compensate for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 8
Brand new PowerConnect 2716 on eBay. Ending soon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-PowerConnec...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: Ended at $140.75 USD.

I tried.
tongue.gif
Got sniped.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brand new PowerConnect 2716 on eBay. Ending soon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-PowerConnec...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: Ended at $140.75 USD.

I tried.
tongue.gif
Got sniped.

I'm trying to buy from within Europe otherwise I might get hit with customs taxes and vat which will bring the price much higher. But that one at $140.75 sure was a bargain!

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, do you actually need 16 ports ?

I could get away with 8 ports for now but I know that in the future I'll probably end up needing more so I'm aiming for 16 just in case I end up needing them.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smartins : sure I don't mind helping out
smily_headphones1.gif

but I'm having exams now, it ends the 27th of April, are you patient enough? I can place the order first though.

Thanks! I don't mind waiting until your exams end. I'll PM you to get things more in detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back