Anyone from the Philippines here?
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 589
Quote:
But you seem to have alot of high end stores that sell good equipment and allow you to try them. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

unfortunately, no..

the highend stores you're referring to are probably the apple stores. they do have some units available for testing but they usually only carry the mainstream ones like beats, sennheiser.. but those like hifi man or westone iems, those are rare.

there is one store i know of which i have been frequenting lately - egghead. some free promotion for them for filipinos here who are interested. they don't carry all the brands that are popular here like the hifi man or vsonic and stuff but they have a huge selection of headphones and iems - most of which even have demo units. I'm going there in a bit and i'm gonna pick up my TDK BA200s =p~

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 589
unfortunately, no..

the highend stores you're referring to are probably the apple stores. they do have some units available for testing but they usually only carry the mainstream ones like beats, sennheiser.. but those like hifi man or westone iems, those are rare.

there is one store i know of which i have been frequenting lately - egghead. some free promotion for them for filipinos here who are interested. they don't carry all the brands that are popular here like the hifi man or vsonic and stuff but they have a huge selection of headphones and iems - most of which even have demo units. I'm going there in a bit and i'm gonna pick up my TDK BA200s =p~

Are you a member of headphiles? Seems to be a nice community. I am returntoforever there. Goodluck on your purchase.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 589
But you seem to have alot of high end stores that sell good equipment and allow you to try them. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Not a lot, but Egghead sure lets you try all the headphones and amps you want. :D

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 589
Yes headphiles :) have the same name there hehe

There's a high-end Grado store at Rockwell, in Power Plant, called Acoustic Dimensions. Eric, the owner, is a pretty cool guy, and they have up to the GS1000 and are planning to get the PS1000 next year :)

Also egghead has some pretty good ones, senns mostly though. Another good one is Listening Room over at Megamall :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #21 of 589
I haven't been in phillipines for over 11 years now, planning to go for a vacation next summer, I heard it is humid there plus rain, is this true?

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #22 of 589
I haven't been in phillipines for over 11 years now, planning to go for a vacation next summer, I heard it is humid there plus rain, is this true?

During rainy season, yes. But during summer, it's hot as hell.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #25 of 589
Muntinlupa, metro manila
=)

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #26 of 589
Count me in. I am a member of the headphiles too.

Headphiles won't let me register? Something about another email that never came. -.- :frowning2:

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #27 of 589
Quote:
Headphiles won't let me register? Something about another email that never came. -.-
frown.gif

maybe you could check your spam? 

i'm not a member of headphiles.. i'm not too familiar with the forum but i'll check it out.. i enjoy it here in head-fi because they seem to have more access to a wider variety of IEMs and headphones so i get an idea of what I could aim for or try to get when a friend would go overseas or something like that. It's risky getting something you haven't auditioned before but it's worked for me so far. 
I'm more into IEMs than I am headphones, easier to commute with, more practical :) 

by the way, for headphone users, what do you guys think of the razer electra? the only headphone i own is the ATH-m50s and i find it to be pretty good, i had a problem with sibilance before but that seems to have gone away with burn in. Thing is, i heard the razer electra because my friend owns it. it's less than half the price of the m50s but sounds pretty good to my ears. detail was clear though it did sound pretty dark to me but not overly so. i'm thinking of getting as it's more comfortable than the m50s.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #30 of 589
That forum is not friendly at all. I got into discussion about a JH audio product with a mod or admin there and I got erased.

Yeesh, was it a bad discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back