anyone for Melbourne Meet 2 ? (Australia)
Sep 4, 2006 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Enverxis

Headphoneus Supremus
Been about a year now since the last meet, just wondering if there's anyone else from down, down under that is looking forward to another meet etc

I recently PM'ed host of last meet Bosch to see what he was up to, also been keeping in contact with Jazper, ShadowFlay and Daki][er.

Would be good to get some discussion going as to if anyone else is interested in another one/holding one.

Who's interested ?

Sep 4, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 18
Well, i finally got my Dynalo going, so sure
smily_headphones1.gif

After VCE exams would be a great thing though, and depending on a few variables i might be able to host it too.

Rob.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 18
Around the same time as last time would be prime.

I need about a month's advance notice so I can get work off (I know rediculous isnt it)

My Dynahi will be done this weekend as well; so that should be fun.

Wake Up guys
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
My Dynahi will be done this weekend as well; so that should be fun.

Id really like to AB the Dynahi vs Dynalo, be curious to here the diff. Mind if i ask about the specs on your Dynahi?

Rob.

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 18
I honestly cannot remember; it's been 9 months in the making.

PM kenny12 about it
tongue.gif

Sep 12, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 18
I might be tempted to attend, but I've been out of the headphone space for about a year now...having no flatmates means playing all music through my main speakers! So my interest level is low at present. Have been thinking about going balanced if I ever get back into it, though...GS-X maybe.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #10 of 18
hmm, i havnt done something like this before,

but i reckon if we cud get a bunch, we cud meet up, but then again what do ppl usually do at a meetup lol? try out everyone's gear!

but i guess wud be good to talk to other audiophiles since most of my friends are like 'omg the ipod earphones are so good why do u spend $140 on those funny like in ear doo hickeys'

so yeah, we'll see what kinda of reaction we get in terms of how many people ar einterested, then go from there?

- jai

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #11 of 18
hey guys,

I'm a new member (my first post!) and would definitely be a starter for a meet.... we are so uderserved in Melbourne with respect to headphone audio...

cheers

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 18
Running a meet is easy. The main requirements are (a) desk top space, (b) chairs for sitting down to do critical listening, (c) power outlets, power boards, double adapters, etc, and (d) some food on hand to allay the need for the host to put on lunch or dinner. Easy parking and/or access to public transport is also a good idea.

Certainly for (c) and (d), BYO can be stipulated. You'll need a few months notice too if you want to get the biggest turn-out.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #14 of 18
I would be interested. Due to other commitments, (kids), I would need plenty of notice.

cheers
Simon

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #15 of 18
I could probably host a small, informal meet at the studio one weekend for about half a dozen people (Prahran area). It will have to be before November tho as I may be moving.

If I host it, I'd prefer a focus on affordable mid-range gear ($750 - $2,500 items), although items outside this range will also be warmly welcomed!

EDIT: Please send me a PM if you're interested and I'll see what I can organise. Also provide a list of what you're planning on bringing and I'll make sure we've got a good spread. At this stage, we'll plan for Saturday 15 September so we at least have a goal. This date may change tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back