Anyone find the DT770pro 80ohm Muddy ?
May 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Benny99

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

Had these headphones for about nearly a week. Hooked up to the Corda Areitta.

However they sound quite muddy , not sure if its just the bass overpowering everything thats causing this.

Im not sure if anyone else finds these headphones to have quite good highs maybe a little too much at time , the mids are reccesed but not majorly.

The treble is quite smooth and not really harsh at all.

Just wondering if anyone else felt the same way

The headphones have about 20-25 hrs usage.

May 14, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #2 of 6
they are known for having recessed midrange with means you hear more bass and more treble with less mid
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Adding impedance has always added more kick in my rig -- no it will not sound less muddy, but its fidelity is more related to how well it's being driven. 120 ohm + any headphone from an iPod would sound more muddy, but 120 ohm + any headphone + amplifier (like my Pico) would sound thicker with superior control.

May 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi, I have the 770/80 and now have 300+ hours on them and they just keep getting better. The mid range is where the greatest improvement has occurred on my pair. I think these headphones also respond well to a good amp. I use a modified Musical Fidelity Xcan v2 and they are a great match. Prior to the 770/80 I had sr225, which had great mids but they were so forward they fatigued my ears. I think burn in is important with the 770/80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back