Anyone fancy having a check of my frontpanel design?
Sep 2, 2005 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ginettaman

New Head-Fier
Does anyone more skilled fancy having a check of my frontpanel design?

I have by more good luck and eye designed this, its basically 2 x Hammond 1455N1601 enclosures side by side one for the PPA one for Steps.

Please let me have any comments or let me know of any mistakes, I'm sure there are some
confused.gif

Thanks

Sep 3, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 2
I didn't verify the Hammond hole dimensions. I like the idea - Audio Alchemy did something like this with one of their products several years ago (single faceplate for two chassis).

Do you want to recess the Neutrik connector? Several people have done it and the dimensions are on the forum (I might have them in a FPE file somewhere).

I'm guessing the other holes are an LED and a volume knob, right? You might consider putting the LED on the STEPS side, but that's person preference. I'm assuming your power switch is on the back?

Engraved writing won't be prominent on natural aluminum finish, but it could be a nice subtle effect if that's the goal. I would probably go with smaller text, but again that's preference.

Are you also doing a single custom back panel or using the Hammond panels for the backs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back