Anyone Familiar With Fanny Wang?
Mar 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 11
Looks just like a Monster Dr. Dre copy -- maybe built by Monster and re-branded? 

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Looks just like a Monster Dr. Dre copy -- maybe built by Monster and re-branded? 

Nope, definitely not built by Monster. Monster actually filed a lawsuit against FW back in December. 

There's a review of the on-ear Wangs in the full-size forum (I think) and some impressions in one of the CES threads.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, definitely not built by Monster. Monster actually filed a lawsuit against FW back in December. 

There's a review of the on-ear Wangs in the full-size forum (I think) and some impressions in one of the CES threads.

Another example of why I avoid Monster products like the plague.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 11
Click the link in my sig.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #7 of 11
I just ordered some just out of curiosity and they will probably be going back.  The build quality is better that Beats to me but they don't get loud enough for me and don't have enough bass.  I am a bass head so take that as you will.  The 2001's do not pair well with a amp, the sound gets distorted. 

Just two cents...

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 11
I have the on ear headphones of them, and read some reviews for the second model.
my own impression is that they have a good built quality. they don't break or the nudges aren't getting loose and i have them for over a year. the sound is very nice. its not base heavy, but i presume adds a little to the bass. i can't really describe it, since I'm not familiar with all the terms, but they do sound good. they are a little pricy, but if you search for look n sound, those are for you, and not those beats which are crappy. fanny wangs are really good quality and audio headphones.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #10 of 11
Very well built, sturdy version of the Dre Solos. You can feel the quality of the plastic when you hold them in your hands.

Sound great too, very balanced with a touch of warmth.

However, the lack of or limited articulation of the earcups, given their supraaural orientation means that they can really hurt the ears of some people. Like mine.

Thankfully, I dont own them :p

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Very well built, sturdy version of the Dre Solos. You can feel the quality of the plastic when you hold them in your hands.

Sound great too, very balanced with a touch of warmth.

However, the lack of or limited articulation of the earcups, given their supraaural orientation means that they can really hurt the ears of some people. Like mine.

Thankfully, I dont own them :p

...yeah what he said. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back